⚱ :engerland: 🇦🇺 Ashes 2019, 1st Test, Edgbaston

Warner gone, caught behind, huge nick umpire missed it again. Well bowled Stuart Broad.

Gone!

WICKET
Bancroft c Buttler b Moeen 7 (Aus 27-2)

1 Like

World class

1 Like

Mentally weak working class cheat.

3 Likes

On a turning wicket he should be dominating this, thats all there is to it, he’s a spinner, not an all rounder so he has to make this innings work.

For getting a wicket, fuck me you’re easily exited about Ali’s talent.

I meant Warner

If you doubt him as a battler then you know little of cricket.

Just taking the piss out of your sporting jingoism.

I don’t have it you do, I call it when someone is playing shite.

Ok petal

Gone!

WICKET
Khawaja c Bairstow b Stokes 40 (Aus 75-3)

Spin bowler strikes again.

2 Likes

The bestest in the whole wide World…

Nope not tired. Busy day in mountains. Dump clients in Thermal Baths. Fire up Willowon my fone (Canadian stream).
Broad & Woakes batting.
Put phone in holder, recline seat.
Wake up 90 minutes later as Warner is out.
Ahhh. Proper cricket watching. Snooze through the action

1 Like

No doubt about it, Steve Smith is a great batsman. But he is a lucky he was born Australian not, say, Pakistani. Because there is no doubt about it if the Pakistan side had done what Smith and the rest of the Australian team had done they would have been banned for at least three years, if not for life. That’s what sticks in the craw for me, Although Smith is not the captain to all intents and purposes he is in this game, calling the shots, changing the field etc. Tim Paine just lets him get on with it. It’s insulting, the Aussies are taking the piss. They really do think that what Smith, Warner, and let’s face it the whole Australian team were up to, which they had undoubtedly been doing for a lot longer than the game in South Africa, that was just when they got caught,is all ‘water under the bridge’. Even then Smith looked in the camera at the press conference and lied his arse off, said it was just a piece of cloth Bancroft was rubbing the ball with. When it was proved conclusively that it was indeed sandpaper he broke down and cried like a baby. Not because he was ashamed, they were tears of self pity, because he got caught. Already we have the pundits trying to rewrite history, trying to compare cynically and deliberately bringing sandpaper on to the field of play to sneakily change the ball to allow their bowlers to produce reverse swing in a flagrant breech of the rules, with a player rubbing dirt on the ball, bowler picking the seam etc. Which bowlers have always done, although they don’t do it any more because the umpires are alert to it and put a stop to it. There can be no doubt that the whole Australian team in SA were in on it, including the coach which is why he stood down after a polite period of silence. Test cricket these days is a highly sophisticated game, there are designated polishers of the ball, after each delivery the bowler examines the ball as he is walking back to his mark. The idea that a test bowler at this level wouldn’t notice that someone had been rubbing sandpaper on the ball is laughable and insulting to the intelligence. Fuck me, if that was the case, Mitchell Starc must have thought he was the clone of Wasim Akram during the Tests in SA, and indeed during the last Ashes series when both Anderson and Broad were looking at each other and saying,"what’s going on?"when Starc, Patterson and co were getting serious reverse swing when the ball was only a few overs old. Let’s face it, it’s as much match fixing as when Pakistan, Sri Lanka Bangladeshi or Indian players have done it by deliberately bowling a no ball etc. But they got life bans, as Smith, Warner Bancroft and indeed the whole of that team should have. A line was crossed, however you try and play it down it was blatant cheating. In any other sport the players concerned would be ostracized, i remember in golf when Vijay Singh was caught cheating, altering his scorecard i believe, and never recovered. After serving his suspension and back on the tour, fellow golfers playing with him gave him the cold shoulder, he never recovered and faded away. Rightly so. But here with Smith we have fellow cricketers, retired greats, desperately trying to sweep it all under the carpet, “served his time” and all the rest of it. Steve Smith is undoubtedly a great batsman, one of the best ever, but long after he has retired, when people get together talking about cricket and his name comes up, people will say, a great batsman — but. The first thing he will be remembered for is that he was a cheat, the captain of a team of cheats, exposed as such in the full glare of the media which is preserved on film for evermore. And hopefully will be re played in the future whenever some Aussie apologist pops his head up and starts extolling the virtues of Steve Smith.

6 Likes

What’s the difference between those that get life bans and those that get a small ban, then excuses.
Better tan?

The short answer is money, and who holds the power and influence in the game.