:pl: :arsenalfc: Arsenal v Saints :saints:

With luck, I will be wrapped in blankets in the van at 1200m up a mountain in -7C with no mobile signal at all for this.

If my bad luck continues I’ll be marooned in a Sports Bar in Zakopane drinking my days wages while watching us get neined

1 Like

Caballero is in for a baptism of fire, unfortunately. I wonder what’s the worst defeat ever endured by a keeper on his debut? Can see Aubameyang finding his scoring boots again on Saturday, especially after that awful injury time miss against Everton.

Bednarek back in training

1 Like

Oi! I don’t always want to go for draws….it’s me being optimistic at best these days…

2 Likes

But Che probably out.

Smith Rowe has trained and may be available for Arsenal

Lawro’s back to form

Arsenal v Southampton

I don’t like to say ‘same old Arsenal’ because it’s a phrase I’ve used a lot in recent seasons but, at the moment, it feels like we’ve seen this before from the Gunners.

It must be very frustrating for their manager, Mikel Arteta. After making such a bad start to the season they had started to look like they knew what they were doing, but then all of a sudden you chuck in a couple of poor displays and they are almost back to square one.

That tells me more about the team’s mindset than any lack of quality in certain areas. Have they got a couple of people who, when it gets a bit tough, do not quite fancy it? I feel that is the case with Arsenal a little bit.

They play some lovely football - even when they lost 4-0 at Liverpool a couple of weeks ago - but as soon as something goes against them, they don’t seem to be able to deal with it.

Despite all of that, Arsenal are at home on Saturday, where their record is a lot better, and I still think they will beat Southampton, who should have beaten Brighton easily last week but would probably take a draw here, if they can get one.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-1

Dev’s prediction: Arsenal this season are so up and down, I just haven’t got a clue what to expect from them each week. Just when it looks like they’ve got some stability, they throw in a performance like the one against Everton - they have some great players and a really good manager and they should win this game, but there is something not quite right about them at the moment, and I don’t know what it is. 1-1

3 Likes

Saints line-up confirmed :innocent:

Starting XI: Caballero, Livramento, Stephens, Bednarek, Walker-Peters, Diallo, Ward-Prowse [c], Redmond, Tella, Armstrong, Broja.
Subs: Lewis, Valery, Lyanco, Perraud, Smallbone, Djenepo, Elyounoussi, Walcott, Long.

Willy’s in!

Might take a while getting back to my beers. Ffs

Stream anyone?

https://poscitech.com/arsenal-vs-southampton-2/

1 Like

Looking good, bright start.

Cue Arsenal opener. :rage::smile:

Bollocks

We going for the shit first half tactic?

Or is this the good half?

1 Like

We’ve been good. But we aren’t good enough to press with five men towards the opposition box and still defend when they break.

2-0

Bollocks x2 :man_facepalming:

I was just posting similar.

Not sure KWP should have joined in the press.