šŸ„© Are Vegans getting way too much media coverage

arenā€™t we already doing that to animals?

Probably have special safari parks with sheep / cattle roaming about. Weā€™d likely keep breeding them to ensure they remained on the planet but not at the huge number in teeny pens so we can have KFC 24/7.

I donā€™t think anyone sensible think that vegans are horrible people. Undoubtedly some idiots acts repulsively and that will be used to tarnish others, sadly.

1 Like

3 Likes

Not just soya, cattle farms as well.

1 Like

Thereā€™s always a simple solution through the moral mazeā€¦

3 Likes

when I see this thread up in the top of the list I always wonder what Iā€™ve done now.

As a Vegetable Rights Activist I have to say your heartless tirades will get you into serious trouble and I would be so upset to see that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Who has watched The Game Changers on Netflix?

Food for thought - if you excuse the pun.

3 Likes

A couple of our family are having a midlife crisis and becoming middle aged eco warriors.

It started as an interest in the environment, has moved onto the good life as great swathes of their lawn have been given over to veggie beds and now they are heading towards veganism - all in the name of saving the planet.

The subject of plant based meat substitutes came up recently. They started to get a bit preachy about the impact on the environment of meat and that we should consider cutting back and having meat substitutes. We argued.

One thing that wasnā€™t really addressed is given how processed these meat substitutes are, once you factor in all of the production required, how good for the environment are these meat substitutes?

Thatā€™s without addressing the fact that you are just putting a load of highly processed shite in your body

2 Likes

I accidentally bought YoungAdult#2 a vegan garlic cream and non-meat product pasty the other day.

Had a taste and it was surprisingly toothsome despite it being completely unnecessary and an abomination.

1 Like

A 113-gram Beyond Meat patty has 250 calories, 18 grams of fat, 390 milligrams of sodium and 20 grams of protein. Health Canada says 113 grams of lean ground beef contain 292 calories, 16.5 grams of fat, 105 milligrams of sodium and 33 grams of protein. For comparison, 113 grams of Yvesā€™ Veggie burger (which is typically 75 grams) contains 165 calories, nine grams of fat, 602.4 milligrams of sodium and 18 grams of protein.

Check out the salt - thats how they do it in the absence of fat

One thing I would like to know is if we all go ā€œplant basedā€ where is the land going to come from to grow all the plants that weā€™ll need to make all this food. Yeah weā€™ll have all the land where the cows and sheep and pigs (that are now extinct, another thing they havenā€™t thought off) grazed but, in my mind, weā€™re going to need a fuckton more land than thatā€¦

Far more land is given over to growing crops for animal feed than is used for crops for feeding humans. This is one of the reasons that eating as much meat as we do is so wasteful.

3 Likes

Fair point, do you still think this land, combined with the grazing land, is going to be enough to crow the crops that will be needed for a total plant based diet?

On the basis that a human eats a fuck ton less than a cow, yes it would be. Easily. In fact, I doubt that youā€™d need the grazing land. Thereā€™s been proper research done on all of this stuff; those advocating a plant-based (or considerably more plant-based) diet havenā€™t just plucked it all out of the air.

Hereā€™s a graphic:

1 Like

Cows, once you remove the pitbulls and pet tigers from the equation, are the most dangerous fauna in the UK. They trample people. Three dead a year, on average.

I partially blame the vegans. ā€œOi, you pale bastard! Why canā€™t you eat a bit of rump or sirloin? Lower the risk for all of usā€. They ostensibly donā€™t disagree with me.

The bastards proudly admit to their missed steaks.

1 Like

Where the fuck is your coat?

3 Likes