📵 Are Huawei the lads?

It’s another story that has graduated from @Fatso’s relatively broad news thread into a hot topic. It seems we’re really keen on using Huawei to provide our 5G access. The Americans are really keen that we don’t do this.

A quick poll to get things going. Should the UK take the Huawei 5G deal.

• Get the Chinese version
  • Buy whatever the Americans are offering
  • Sort ourselves out

0 voters

A quick view from me is that the Yanks probably aren’t happy about not being able to spy on us as easily. They’ve recently been found to have installed a load of monitoring tech in some of their communications products.

Given that, not really sure what all the unease is about. It’s bordering on Fu Manchu yellow peril shit from the recent dark ages.

I didn’t vote to take back control just to hand it the Chinese or the Americans!

1 Like

Indeed you didn’t.

Germans, wasn’t it?

Brexit means brexit. No outsiders needed. We have skilled British labour to make the best British 5G

1 Like

I’ll take that as a ja, Fritzo :smiley:

Buy the nest kit for the job. Currently that means Huawei.
Or get Alan Sugar off TV to make an Amstrad router with the Blue Peter crew

4 Likes

I just find it hilarious, the sort of thing @Barry-Sanchez would get quite upset about, and to get quite upset about it, you kinda have to ignore all of the Edward Snowden revelations.

1 Like

I thank the Big Man upstairs that I spent so long in Dubai KNOWING everything I typed or said on a phone was being read/recorded.
I still find it hilarious people dont understand that elsewhere.
From my perspective it means I can be a twonk online but have never posted or will I post something that could destroy my life/career/family/friends.

3 Likes

I’ve got a Huawei. Awesome piece of kit.

4 Likes

There is a certain irony that everyone is shit scared of the Chinese listening into there conversations when most household have Jeff Bezos’ spyware in the corner of every room

8 Likes

Would you rather trust the Chinese or the Americans though?

I don’t want to work in the North Sea its cold there.

To be honest, the Chinese.

Plus, if people ere really worried, Huawei are the most popular brand phone in the world, they’re listening already…

But only to the Chinese and cant afford Apple or Samsung Asian market

I bet if you were genuinely given the option you’d reverse, you’re allowed to be critical of the US for a start, try that in China.

…plus, the yanks aren’t the bat-shaggers giving us the corona virus. :thinking::kissing_heart::bat::bat::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What the fuck are you talking about? We can criticise both.

1 Like

Tell that to Sir Kim Darroch.

3 Likes

I thought that Huawei kit was already a decent part of our existing comms infrastructure (4G)? That’s surely why a bit more of their brand of shiny stuff makes most sense, can just bolt it all on with the same nuts :slightly_smiling_face:

Or Julian Assange.

4 Likes