Anyone fancy a kick-about

Originally posted by @saintbletch

* it was cold in that hall.

:innocent:

Depends how much running one’s legs did.

1 Like

In fairness, I think I probably needed that tonight!

Where was it? :cry:

1 Like

Personally, I can’t believe everyone pussied out of playing next week!

If an old guy with one working lung can handle it, nobody else has a legitimate excuse! :wink:

(just saying)

2 Likes

I don’t want to patronise you ant, but I’m going to anyway.

The metric you’re searching for is how close to your maximum running potential you got. It’s like maximum heart rate, it reduces with age. Last night I hit 101% or my MRP.

I’m lucky I’m still here.

The Flyd Cat hit 110%.

RIP

I thought you went for a different kind of medical assistance…

:lou_lol:

Yeah, you’re not wrong there!

Several doses were required! Lol

Still working on a date for the next match, but likely to be a week Tuesday and then weekly from then.

Other things that I’ve since remembered from the inaugural “I got off my arse” meeting…

1. The pumps in Fleming Park’s ‘bar’ weren’t working, so I was drinking Fosters from a can! The next post-kick-about drinks will be in the Holiday Inn’s bar next door.

2. Raleighboy goes down more readily that Gillian Taylforth *

3. The Flyd Cat was wearing the type of vibrant blue and orange boots ** that can only be worn by a man who is extremely comfortable with his sexuality and orientation.

4. At one point Raleighboy buried a power shot into the net (again) and a cheer went up from the ‘crowd’. Fuck me, he’d only brought along his own supporters. Mrs Raleighboy and friend I believe. I can understand supporting your man, I just thought that the banner they had made was over the top.

5. Fowllyd has a massive Welsh dragon tattooed across his back. Isn’t it.

6. As ant walked up the stairs after the match I noticed that a small flap of skin had come loose on his back. As it wobbled in time with each step he took on the stairs, I could just make out the shape and colour of a couple of PP9 Duracell batteries inside. He’s a fucking nightmare, it’s like being chased by the T-1000 out of the Terminator films.

7. Oh, and His papship has deigned to dole out some “I got off my arse” Sotonians’ badges for those that manage to kick a ball whilst wearing their Sotonians’ colours.

* The time he spent on the floor might have had something to do with the fact he was up against a bunch of old and aggressive PE teachers who had obviously had challengings days at school.

** Artist’s impression… (Fowllyd, you may go to the ball!)

4 Likes

I don’t know who my impressed onlookers were, like most men in their prime I have to carry a shitty stick to keep the ladies at bay.

3 Likes

As long as you’re gentle with me, I’m up for the next wheeze fest.

3 Likes

1. The Flyd Cat was wearing the type of vibrant blue and orange boots ** that can only be worn by a man who is extremely comfortable with his sexuality and orientation.

Yet no mention of my pink-to-purple gradient astros with the lime Nike tick!

1. As ant walked up the stairs after the match I noticed that a small flap of skin had come loose on his back. As it wobbled in time with each step he took on the stairs, I could just make out the shape and colour of a couple of PP9 Duracell batteries inside. He’s a fucking nightmare, it’s like being chased by the T-1000 out of the Terminator films.

Loving the description! This is exactly what I aim for. xxx

I’ll be gentle, darling.

And if you end up in goal, I’ll even promise to not come in your box.

1 Like

Originally posted by @ant

1. The Flyd Cat was wearing the type of vibrant blue and orange boots ** that can only be worn by a man who is extremely comfortable with his sexuality and orientation.

Yet no mention of my pink-to-purple gradient astros with the lime Nike tick!

1. As ant walked up the stairs after the match I noticed that a small flap of skin had come loose on his back. As it wobbled in time with each step he took on the stairs, I could just make out the shape and colour of a couple of PP9 Duracell batteries inside. He’s a fucking nightmare, it’s like being chased by the T-1000 out of the Terminator films.

Loving the description! This is exactly what I aim for. xxxJ

Just saying, ant, but we’ve all got those batteries.

It’s just that in some of us they’re all getting old now.

I’m rocking nickel-cadmium and the Flyd Cat has lead acid accumulators!

1 Like

Just saying, ant, but we’ve all got those batteries.

It’s just that in some of us they’re all getting old now.

I’m rocking nickel-cadmium and the Flyd Cat has lead acid accumulators!

Too late - I’ve added it to my CV.

1 Like

Very true. I need to be plugged into the mains overnight to recharge; I’d rather not say where the cable connects. Those lead-acid babies make it a lot harder to lose weight, too.

1 Like

Raleighboy, can I just check with you whether your two ‘guests’ from last Tuesday are registered on here?

I need to know so that His papship knows who deserves an “I got off my arse” badge and a squillionteen points.

I believe that gr8saint was there, but, otherwise, it was just you, me, The Flyd Cat and ant that are registered on here.

No, my guests are normal people who have no idea that I masquerade as a character called Reallyboy.

1 Like

Ok my lovelies.

I’ve booked the New Hall again for next Tuesday at 9pm.

Long-term we may have a problem at Fleming Park, because the inside New Hall gets booked really quickly.

9pm was the only evening time I could get. We had planned to perhaps move days but it seems that later in the week looked even busier.

Show of hands for Tuesday 26th at 9pm?

4 Likes

I’m checking with da boys…

1 Like