Anyone fancy a kick-about

I’ll stand in for ant if he can’t make it.

When I say stand I mean exactly that.

I may be most useful wedged into a goal.

Shit, all of my training has been fine tuned to that 7pm start.

I might look an hour past my peak now, I might even be a bit sluggish and out of shape.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’ll be OK - just. Shouldn’t take me more than half an hour to get from Eastleigh to the Wedgewood Rooms at that time of night and I doubt the main band will even start before 9.45pm. I’ll have to jump straight in the car as soon as we finish though. Good job it’s a sweaty gig I’m going to!

1 Like

It’ll make it easier for me - wasn’t sure about getting there for 7pm when I don’t finish work tilll 6pm and then have to travel from Farnborough.

Excellent!

Raleighboy has come up with another couple so we’ll have 12, which means we can rotate players as and when people need a break.

Ok guys, final instructions…

So its the New Hall at Fleming Park.

Go into reception and then follow the footsteps that are painted on the floor - all the way up the stairs, alongside the sports hall and then through a door marked Garden Room and New Hall.

There is a door lock so ask for the code at reception (i think its got a 3 and a 9 in it and maybe a 2 and a 7 - if you’re feeling lucky, punk).

I’ll try to get there for 7:35 as at my age I need a lot of time to stretch and warm up.

2 Likes

I have played tennis in the new hall. Take a woolly pully for after/subs bench as it’s fucking freezing in there!

1 Like

There should be a badge for this Fat Club outing.

2 Likes

The ‘I got off my ass’ badge. :laughing:

Really looking forward to this!

1 Like

Sorry lads I’m going to have to let you down…just pulled a hamstring reading this thread. :lou_facepalm_2:

We should be 13 now as someone else is tagging along. I forget his name, but his wrestling name is ‘no knees’.

He’ll fit in well.

See you there.

Cannot wait for the write up. Let’s hope everyone makes it safely to 9pm! “Come on lads last 15”!

I hope there was a referee.

Really enjoyed that! Plus made it over to the ‘other city’ in record time - just waiting for the headliners now. :laughing:

The stairs feel quite steep tonight.

And well done to the silky-skilled Bletch for making it happen.

He has the touch of an angel.

That was great - really good fun. Not sure how my legs are going to feel tomorrow though.

And Rallyboy’s words of Bletchian approbation are very much seconded. Top man.

You’ve both got a fucking nerve with your sweet-talking.

Your performances sucked. It was only Jamie and I that got kicked out of the bar when it closed.

You were both notable by your absences.

As for the football, The Flyd Owl was in goal for about 25 mins and only let one goal in. He is now officially The Flyd Cat.

He also nearly scored a lovely, low shot, and as I watched it go in, I shouted approbatory encouragement, only to see Raleighboy point to his cock*, upon which member The Flyd Owl’s goal-bound shot was deflected into the net.

As for the Raleighboy I was hoping to leave with the title of silkiest-skilled veteran, but instead I find myself cast as Rickie Jervais at the award ceremony handing the award to him.

Cunt

And as for that other cunt ant, if he nutmegs me or beats me with a pass again, he’ll find his membership revoked.

Think we broadly agreed to skip next week and then do a weekly thing from then on. Any newcomers welcome.

* it may or not have been his cock, it was cold in that hall.

7 Likes

Also, Raleighboy, a big thanks to your mates for tuning out for Sotonians’ B.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

And as for that other cunt ant, if he nutmegs me or beats me with a pass again, he’ll find his membership revoked.

:innocent:

You can call me ‘Mesut’.

1 Like