Anyone fancy a kick-about

Even now I think I could still pace myself to play 90 minutes…not football though.

Last time I played…against advice (the missus) I had to play the last hour with a groin strain. Yes I had to…after saying I wasn’t too old there was no way I was going to leave the field clutching my nether regions. :lou_angry:

1 Like

Right, we’re on!

I’ve booked Fleming Park New Hall for 1 hour of torture at 7pm on Tuesday 12th January.

Raleighboy, ant and The Flyd Owl (wearing Chelsea boots * ) are down to play.

My plan, which some General or other would tell me never survives first-contact with the enemy, was to field 3 teams of 5 people with each match lasting 10 mins or so. This means I will need to get 15-ish players in total. This should be possible given the show of hands I’ve had.

However…

…I suspect that I’ll be back on here trying to scrape up 10 once the reality of the commitment starts to hit home.

Did I mention there will be beer afterwards?

Pitch costs £60, so expect subs of about £4-6 depending on the numbers we end up with.

* An artist’s impression

Well I am currently looking for a 5 a side team up here, but after watching Carlisle a couple of months ago, I quite fancy getting in their first team!

I still play, not 11’s anymore but 11’s is easier than 6 I have always found, you can hide on the wing in a full game when you are hungover.

2 Likes

I’ll be there at five past 8 :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Just to show you I care for you old fuckers I have booked you the following:

1 Like

Count me in.

Originally posted by @RaleighBoy

Count me in.

So it’s officially a one a side.

Rush keeper?

You’ve restored my faith in Internet dating, RaleighBoy.

Never meet anyone off the internet they said.

I think I’ve been groomed.

My own fault for looking pretty…

1 Like

I’ll be there. I’ll have to acquire some suitable footwear, as all of mine is designed for pedal-pushing and isn’t so great for running! Still, that’s what the weekend’s for, I guess…

1 Like

How are numbers?..

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Right, we’re on!

I’ve booked Fleming Park New Hall for 1 hour of torture at 7pm on Tuesday 12th January.

Raleighboy, ant and The Flyd Owl (wearing Chelsea boots * ) are down to play.

Somewhat impressively you’ve managed to pick the only weekday evening in January that I have plans for. Fortuitously it’s a gig that doesn’t start until 8pm (and features two support bands that I’m not bothered about), so I’ll come along to this and then jet off down the M27 to that town. Won’t be time for beers for me, mind.

Nice one ant!

This Internet dating is working well.

But I don’t know how to break this to you… I’m having an affair, well two actually, behind your back.

I just don’t want you to get hurt.

As for numbers, we’ve got 10 right now. I’ve had 4 definitely nots. So hitting 15 seems unlikely. Plus I’m expecting the usual attrition as the date gets nearer.

I guess we could do with a few more to ensure we are quorate.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

we are quorate.

Thanks. I have not seen that word before. Just need to be able to pronounce it now. Fully intend to use it before the end of the day.

URWLCM.

It’s pronounced PRETENTIOUS, TiCK.

Didn’t want to put a number on how many we need, just a sense that we’ll have enough to play a game.

As much as I would love to play StainBeltch a 80mile round trip sort of knocks the idea on the head.

That’s fair enough Big Lazy Bob.

I just had you down as more committed than that, s’all.

Yeah, I find I am slightly disappointed with myself but, to be honest, I’m worried about all these big bruisers you have recruited and I fear for my health, dainty little love that I am.

And there’s no way on Earth that I will appear on the same pitch as a pair of Chelsea slippers masquerading as boots, quorate or not.

1 Like

Ok, just finalising numbers and we look like we have just 10.

Will try to draft in a couple more, but the lads I have on standby are all young, quick and fit (no offence ant) and this game is about old, unfit blokes walking round Fleming Park’s carpeted New Hall, wearing Chelsea boots, sucking fruit pastilles and chasing a ball.

ant, RaleighBoy and The Flyd Owl, I will PM my mobile number to you in case you need to contact me to tell me you have another 4 players (contacting me to tell me you can no longer make it is not an option!).

Ok, problem with the booking. It’s at 8pm and not 7pm.

Popped into Fleming Park to see if I could hire a ball and bibs (got some now) and thought I’d check that everything was ok as I did the booking online.

Turns out that it’s booked at 8 and I can’t move it because they are booked at 7. My confirmation printout shows 7pm so I don’t know what happened.

Is that a problem for anyone?

ant, I saw you have evening commitments. Are you still OK?