Anyone fancy a kick-about

So are no one interested in playing the Hornets Nest forum in an 11 a side before the league game?

The team manager Bletcherinho has studied various systems and has adopted tactics from the best clubs.

He has an approach that dismisses the traditional ideals of both quality and quantity - so I’m not sure he’s ready for the big time quite yet, he can’t even shake hands without some muscle going pop.

It was a particularly vigorous ‘handshake’ though.

If you are saying what I fear you are saying, you should downvote yourself!

Not at all, it was only a slur on Bletch.

Ethelweb (the app that manages invitations and bookings) ran into technical difficulties shortly after sending out the invitations yesterday (my SMS sending account ran out of cash).

So Ethel may have missed the masses of positive responses, or, this may be the current status…

Statuses

Playing (3)

fowllyd, ant, bletch.

Not playing (2)

ponty, johnh.

Not sure (0)

No response (11)

GavinSaintsFan, crablungs, suewhistle, THE Cat,mick, andy, jamie, ed, rallyboy, goatboy,rooney.

©Bletch

I saw Ethel marking Robson-Kanu last night - and she did a better job of that than she did of working her own App.

1 Like

Ok, we’re looking promising now.

And here’s the news that The Flyd Owl has been waiting for…

Sheeeeesssbacccckkkk

SueWhistle has confirmed her attendance.

I bumped into Rooney yesterday and he will find out his shift patten on Monday so he will let me know.

Jamie and his magic lung is a probable and Goatster said yes here, but hasn’t told Ethel his intentions.

So arogannt, it might be worth checking numbers here before confirming with your young mates - perhaps put them on standby - sorry don’t like to mess people around.also won’t it be a late night for them - being a school night an’ all.

Statuses

Playing (7)

suewhistle, rallyboy+2, fowllyd, ant,bletch.

Not playing (4)

ponty, johnh, mick, ed.

Not sure (1)

rooney.

No response (6)

GavinSaintsFan, crablungs, THE Cat,andy, jamie, goatboy.

Statuses

Playing (7)

suewhistle, rallyboy+2, fowllyd, ant,bletch.

Not playing (4)

ponty, johnh, mick, ed.

Not sure (1)

rooney.

No response (6)

GavinSaintsFan, crablungs, THE Cat,andy, jamie, goatboy.

Next Fixture

5 Jul @ 21:00 at Fleming Park - TUE (New Hall - Pitch 1)

Statuses

Playing (8)

suewhistle, rallyboy+2, goatboy,fowllyd, ant, bletch.

Not playing (5)

THE Cat, ponty, johnh, mick, ed.

Not sure (1)

rooney.

No response (4)

GavinSaintsFan, crablungs, andy,jamie.

©Bletch

Looks like I’m in now.

Sorry guys! :laughing:

2 Likes

Excellent.

Don’t forget your magic lung!

Oh, and send a bloody text to Ethel on 028 2003…

Sourcing new blood proved tricky, thus no further SMS response from me. I did manage to source some new astro boots though, so that’s something.

We are quorate!

Badda bing.

Next Fixture

5 Jul @ 21:00 at Fleming Park - TUE (New Hall - Pitch 1)

Statuses

Playing (10)

suewhistle, jamie, rallyboy+2,goatboy, fowllyd, ant, rooney, bletch.

Not playing (5)

THE Cat, ponty, johnh, mick, ed.

Not sure (0)

No response (3)

GavinSaintsFan, crablungs, andy.

©Bletch

1 Like

bada boom.

I have a New Jersey licence plate up in my office that I brought back from the real Bada Bing.

2 Likes

Did I really say I’d play? Oh well, I’m popping in to M&S for a new anti-Rallyboy extra high-impact bra, so no complaints if I look flat-chested. I’m just about to take my blood-pressure meds (really!), but I’m really unfit and overweight at the moment (to get my excuses in early.) My team’s pre-season training starts on Thursday so I will get fitter…

Nobody came to watch me at Lordshill Rec last match of the season; I was so upset I collapsed that night with high blood pressure.

Bastards!

Wear shin pads…

Sue :slight_smile: X

4 Likes

Good game of four-a-side I thought. My face will recover I’m sure.

2 Likes

It improved briefly.

Woah! I got the wrong fucking day! I thought it was tonight. Butt fucks.

Sorry guys and gals.

Bollocks. Was looking forward to this. :lou_facepalm_2:

Meep. Knobber.

1 Like

Well, at least we got to hear Bletch’s imaginative ideas for retribution, at least those we could hear as he muttered threateningly under his breath… :zipper_mouth:

1 Like

PS: Fowllyd, have sent you a PM about women’s football.