Anyone fancy a kick-about

He’ll enjoy playing that.

4 Likes

I’d love to play but with RB’s pent up agression with Brexiters I don’t think I’d last 2 mins on the same pitch, even if we were on the same side.

1 Like

You seem to have an image of a wild-eyed lunatic, frothing at the mouth with indignation…yep, that’s me. :smile:

Do come along, you could get to wear the special tabard that I’ve made for their sort

It makes it easier to pick out targets as I lunge wildly around the pitch, seeking retribution through thinly-disguised violence.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

You seem to have an image of a wild-eyed lunatic, frothing at the mouth with indignation…yep, that’s me. :smile:

Do come along, you could get to wear the special tabard that I’ve made for their sort

It makes it easier to pick out targets as I lunge wildly around the pitch, seeking retribution through thinly-disguised violence…

…before ignoring a teammate in a better position and shooting from 15 metres *.

* Only Brexit supporters shoot from 15 yards.

1 Like

Injury update.

Shoulder (that I don’t like to talk about) is fine.

Blisters on feet.

Everything else intact.

Bonus.

Always nice to hear people nearly quoting lines from Strange Town by The Jam.

I too have done exactly this. Desperately wanted a run-out and have rushed about like a nutter to get ready in time. Just a good job I checked in on here first…

Bollocking bollocks. :cry:

Just joined a 5 a side team up here in Carlisle (soccer sixes) called ‘WANYAMAS IN PYJAMAS’. At this stage I am not sure if they have kept the name and they are Celtic fans, because it is doubtful they are Saints or Spurs fans. I had no idea of the name of the team until one of the players said I could join their team. Very strange, but a shame he is no longer a Saint!

I have a confession. Forgive me Sotonians for I have sinned.

I’ve been unfaithful to The Old Blokes (*and Sue) - behind their backs.

On Monday, last, I played with The RaleighBoy in enema territory.

That’s right, the captain of my side wore a Pompey top!

If, for 14 years I’d played with that group I think I’d have needed to vent on a Pompey Takeover Saga thread on an internet forum somewhere.

Personally, I kept schtum about my allegiance (and birthplace) and just went about my business (of being God’s gift to veteran football).

I felt like Gordon Jackson in The Great Escape - waiting for someone to wish me “Good luck with Hojbjerg”, knowing that If I said “thank you” I’d never get “home”.

What did I learn?

Well there were some universal constants that transcend petty football allegiances, some similarities that eschew the tribalism we normally involve ourselves in; The RaleighBoy still shoots on sight, doesn’t pass and I still had to do his running.

Oh, and he said that he didn’t wear shinpads because, and I quote, “I’m a lot harder than you”, but both I and the lump on my shin are here to tell you that he doesn’t need shinpads because he doesn’t fucking tackle.

Ah yes, I also got another couple of nasty blisters.

Old Blokes (*and Sue) what is my penance?

You damaged your shin as you used it instead of your foot - and that’s why I didn’t pass to you again.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Old Blokes (*and Sue) what is my penance?

Arranging a night for us to play. I’ll even get the day right this time.

I’ve walked 250km in the last 3 weeks playing this bloody Pokemon Go game (and still don’t understand why I’m addicted), so will either have legs of steel or collapse in a heap after 10 minutes.

1 Like

Well, I think we have a problem in August.

Between my blisters and the holiday season, we’re going to struggle.

Mrs Bletch and I are looking for a last minute holiday (for £8.51 for both of us for two weeks, all inclusive, somewhere hot), so I might be away from the 8th. If we can’t find a holiday and I can be arsed, I suggest we have an informal kick-about on the green outside my house.

I’ll share some dates nearer the time, but probably a Sunday morning.

See you and Goat on the Monday then, ant.

1 Like

Yep, what I really need is to test my ankles by running around a pot holed field for an hour, dodging dog shit and having all my wordlies pissed over by the local staffie.

1 Like

Yep, you can’t beat playing at home, Goat.

I can vouch for the lack of potholes on the Bletch Arena pitches; apart from the ONE that Bletchinio managed to find himself landing in just as I arrived at Bletch Mansion and fortunately witnessed. I swear despite no one else being around he screamed and went down holding his face and waving an imaginary card. Either that or he was calling me a wanker for chuckling.

The dog shit is optional as is the Staffie, Clive, who has been known to beat Bletch in a penalty shoot out. Good times.

2 Likes

I’ve spent years constructing a false, but respected forum persona and then someone that knows you in real life can trash it in an instant.

Thanks Rust.

True story, I’d been training for an hour or so and Rust had just arrived and was jogging out onto the pitch to join me, when the sniper pulled the trigger.

Was out for 5 weeks.

So yes, there are one or two nasty potholes at The Estadio Santiago Bletch (others cruelly call it Camp Bletch), but they’re near the goal posts so I should be OK.

The only person that would have a problem is someone that intends to spend a lot of the match standing near the goal waiting for the ball to be passed to him.,

Strap up your ankles The RaleighBoy.

Luckily the aforementioned sniper missed the kicking part of your leg; the SHIN :lou_wink_2:

Rust, Please keep these facts to yourself.

There are people on here that think I am God’s gift to veterans’ football.

Who?

Stevie Wonder, Stephen Hawking??

No. Bletch himself I think.

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Who?

Stevie Wonder, Stephen Hawking??