Anyone fancy a kick-about

I’ve been in the UK since the end of May, and what day do I fly back? That’s right… The 5th of July. Bugger!!

on the plus side, I won’t have to endure 36 hours of travelling with muscles I have forgotten existed screaming at me for forgetting I am a fifty something year old who is still stupid enough to think I can run around like a bloody lunatic kicking a football :slight_smile:

1 Like

the 5th July sounds fine and dandy to me. I’ll be there to put on a fine display of strolling around the pitch, breaking into the occasional urgent jog and gasping for breath.

2 Likes

That sounds cool, I’ll try and round up a couple, though one of them is due to become a Dad the next day so we’ll see what happens!

Fucking get in! Looking forward to it.

OK, so outside of papsweb I’ve had ‘probablies’ from Rooney and Jamie and his Magic Lung.

This gives us

Bletch (Late 40s - very late)

Flyd Owl (200+ but has picture in attic which makes him mid 50s)

Goat (Mid-40s)

The RaleighBoy (Nobody really knows, but 50+)

The RaleighBoy’s + 1 (30+)

The RaleighBoy’s + 2 (20+)

Rooney (Late 30s)

Jamie and His Magic Lung (Late 30s)

Ant Ran (Late 20s)

So this gives us 7+, maybe 9 and and that’s without opening up to the phone vote (John H, Ponty, PE Mick, PE Andy, Mr Ed, etc.).

Do we have any newcomers that would be interested in hauling their aging or young and vital bodies around a 5-a-side pitch for an hour with some friendly blokes? Beer after.

We really are all mixed ability, some more mixed than others, and the game is played in the right spirit.

We’re aiming for July 5th late PM in Eastleigh - if I can book a pitch.

Step forward, it’s a laugh.

Did I mention there is a beer after?

Why have you guessed everyone else’s ages but actually listed the decade you were born in?

3 Likes

I *may* be able to grab one or two along, but they would be even younger than me… Less likely to run, mind.

Hang on one cotton-pickin’ second there - what, I say what happened to Argon?

Only changed my username in protest against the untimely demise of Sotonians football.

Must be shirt printing time again. Cheapskate.

ant, I’ve just realised that if you use both your usernames, you can make the word arrogant. Probably. Maybe. Whatever.

If you can get a couple then I think we’re on.

I’ve had a no from Rector Howells and Ponty Pridd. So I think we’re going to need some additional players.

I can get a pitch for 9pm on the 5th, so what’s the consensus?

Do I book - recognising that we may get 8?

Or do we postpone?

Go, go, go!

I’m with Rallyboy on this. I need to play some fitba.

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Go, go, go!

Nice try the RaleighBoy, it’s one member, one vote.

It’s the new forum policy, just vote and ignore the consequences.

And at the end of the day it’s your money not mine, so if it goes tits up I’ll stubbornly deny responsibility while pretending I’m happy. :smile:

2 Likes

Ok, we’re booked.

I’ll crank the handle on EthelWeb (the online text booking system) and send out the invites.

Updates on numbers to follow…

Oh, you’ve booked football at Fleming Park?

I thought I was voting for something else…

3 Likes

It’s workable with 8, just that 10+ is obviously preferable. Having an even more informal kickabout with some mates tomorrow so I’ll see what they say.

arogannt, when you know who is coming, can you reply to the text system with Y n -> where n is the number of people that will be there in total.

i.e. if you’re bringing 2 guests, reply with

y 3

Thanks, ta.

Oh, can you also check with one of your mates if they’d be happy to push The RaleighBoy around the pitch in his bath chair?

I know it’s a bind, but he enjoys it.

That’s not the bath chair handle that I make them grip through the blanket…

1 Like