🏏 3rd Test :engerland: England (and Wales) v India 🇮🇳 - Trent Bridge

Jimmy on a hat trick 1st ball of next innings.

Cook lasting 5 Overs? Will Kohli wait that long to bowl Ashwin?? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lovely ball there to get Bumra out (there a pun in there somewhere involving pants but I can’t think)

Start delayed by 30 minutes but lunch is still at 13:00. Does that mean they tack the extra 30 minutes on at the end of the day.

Crikey, he almost did it first ball…

1 Like

Did Cook edge or steer that? BTW can someone explain to me what exactly is a “genuine edge”?

It’s what Jennings just did.

1 Like

But srsly, I dunno. It’s like genuine pace in a winger I suppose. Nobody ever points out the counterfeit pace, so I’ve got nothing to compare it to.

Kohli looking slightly bemused!

To go to the gym & a swim or make that conf call I’ve been avoiding or tune in Mobdro…

Oh shit 7th over Ashwin bowling

Michael Vaughan :heavy_check_mark: @MichaelVaughan

Lovely day for bowling as long as you bowl well … So far India have bowled garbage

Lunch - England trail India by 283 runs with 10 wickets remaining

A few early scares there, but Cook has started pushing the ball about quite nicely.

Avnish Anshu: “Both bowlers bowling the ODI and T20 length and are going for runs. Think it’s time to bring on the best new ball bowler in the team before it’s too late. I mean Ashwin, in case anyone wonders.” — Your wish is Kohli’s command. Here’s Ashwin from around the stumps

1.02pm That’s lunch on day two at Trent Bridge. After losing their last five wickets for 22 runs to be dismissed for 329, India wasted the new ball. Both Shami and Bumrah bowled too short, sprayed it around, allowing England to skip away to 46 in nine overs. Varun will be back in about 40 minutes to kick off the post-lunch session.

WICKET

Cook c Pant b Ishant 29 (Eng 54-1)

WICKET

Jennings c Pant b Bumrah 20 (Eng 54-2)

Cook gone cheaply again. The usual, no footwork, nicking an away swinger to the keeper.
And now Jennings next ball in the same way.

Thats the opening pair out then.

Not even half way to 180 yet

Jennings has cocked that up royally there. No need to have anything to do with that ball. At least with the Cook dismissal there was some subtlety in the ball that took him.