🏏 3rd Test :engerland: England (and Wales) v India 🇮🇳 - Trent Bridge

So, :engerland: 2 up in the 5 match series, will they make it 3-0 before they visit the ground near the “proper” home of cricket.

Will Kohli turn up for :india:

Will Stokes play?

And as if by magic…

He’s got to go up for an ECB disciplinary. But you’d have thought that missing the Ashes series, and consequently costing us the Ashes, was punishment enough and he’ll get off with time served.

The tame Aussie we have on board who’s second team is anybody playing England refuses to have a wager of the outcome of the next match. lily livered criminal that he is.

Small point of order here, but I think this match starts on the 18th, not the 19th.

How the hell do they pick the team for this one?

I know it is Trent Bridge but surely they have to pick one spinner - Rashid.

Then of the bowlers from Lords who do you drop?
Woakes? Curran? Anderson? Broad on his own track?
Or do you keep Stokes on the bench.
Surely they will not drop Pope after one game when he did nothing wrong, and despite some of the numpties on twitter, Bairstow is never going to open in a Test Match and they have to stick with Jennings because Cook ain’t going to last much longer. Stokes to Open with Jennings? Nah even I haven’t had that much beer this month.
Think Ben will be benched

Actually, for Trent Bridge I’d drop Rashid. Should a bit of spin be needed (which it almost certainly won’t) then Root can always provide it.

In 2014 it was a 3 innings batting fest
India’s spinners did nothing and took no wickets in Englands only innings but Moen…

MM Ali 18 0 97 1 RR 5.38
MM Ali 28 4 105 3 RR 3.75

That match was at the beginning of July when you would expect there to be more grass around than later in a hot dry (ish) summer

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

1 Like

England team

Alastair Cook, Keaton Jennings, Joe Root ©, Ollie Pope, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

Before I respond, what is?

Sam Curran has been dropped in favour of Ben Stokes after winning the Lords Test single handed. That will hurt a 20 year old

Ah right, I was thinking that may be the reason…

<stows away rant about being found not guilty, everyone should have a chance to rebuild etc. etc. etc.>

Instead goes on about proven performer vs “one hit wonder”

I might be inclined to agree had Woakes been dropped, as his was the dominant performance at Lord’s. Curran did make a massive difference at Edgbaston, that’s true - but in any sport a junior player will always expect to give way to a senior one once the latter becomes available again.

Well its underway with the Indians in bat 18.5 overs gone and the first wicket falls

Dhawan c Buttler b Woakes 35 (Ind 60-1)

WICKET

Rahul lbw Woakes 23 (Ind 65-2)

Kohli is now in

Rahul just gone LBW to Woakes

65-2

WICKET

Pujara c Rashid b Woakes 14 (Ind 82-3)

Just before lunch.

Kohli not out 4

1 Like

177-3 Kohli 51 Rahane 46