đŸ›« 2019 summer hols

yeah sometimes the kids aren’t into driving and scenery.
A reasonable drive up a Barranco to a bar/restaurant is Guayadeque.
Kids would probably like Palmitos Park (never been as it seemed extortionate) but the drive further on is nice though winding road.
There is also a camel place (never been) on the way to Fataga (nice little craft jewellery shops in a tiny village with a nice Restaurante El Albaricoque). There is a view point on the way and a museum.

1 Like

I thought you were going to New York in April, Barry.

Did the in-laws use their dark family secrets to get you Glastonbury tickets?

Do they have some puffin fetish dirt on Michael Eavis?

My humour is lost upon you my child.

I’m actually looking forward to watching it on the telly, if the line up were better I’d be gutted no two ways about it but it looks shite, I’m not even trying next month in the resale.

Considering only about 4 acts have been confirmed tgats pretty serious itk shit Baz!

1 Like

Baz would only turn up for the Headliners anyway
obviously not a voyage of discovery for him like it is for most.

2 Likes

Off to Key West at the end of March, which I thought was a good idea at the time, but now I am having a bit of a downer on it.

Essentially, on holiday I like great food, great wine and a bit of culture. I have just realised that I am unlikely to get any of these.

I think my days of going west (unless it is south america) might be numbered

I ended up in Key West after being out in the Caribbean fixing a cruise liner.
ended up in one of the many bars getting extremely drunk before being shipped of to Miami to get a flight home.

The getting drunk bit will be a piece of piss particularly as I am staying across the road from a brewery and 100 yds from two others

It is just that there are going to be too many, well, Americans.

I think I have been scarred by the Caribbean last year

A voyage of discovery is taking a few tabs and sitting in a field for 2 days regardless of weather, you make it sound like we’re going to Mars not a field in Somerset

I was in Key West in 99 backpacking the states and can honestly say I remember fuck all about it, other than that self righteous monument to the lost Cubans trying to get to the States.

“Were Going”

So Baz is attending Glastonbury this year now then.

No, not a chance, I will watch from the kitchen or the garden.