šŸ›« 2019 summer hols

La plagne

Kefalonia is lovely. My sister got married there. It was fucking hot.

1 Like

We have nothing booked yet. I have to see how my finances are as I will be working part time as of Wednesday. Then we will see with leaving the EU. The only holiday time Iā€™ve booked off is Glastonbury festival.

We stayed in Montagnac a couple of times, which is close to Pezenas. Montpellier is close as are the beaches around Sete, Marsellan and Agde. And very good they are too. Thoroughly good place. There was a website which sorted rentals and was run by an English lady called Amanda, but iā€™ll need to try and dig it out if youā€™re interested.

Edgy.
Iā€™m going Campervanning.
To a field in Zummerset

1 Like

Brexit can fuck right off.

Mrs C_S has decided the Family C_S is going to Madeira and wants to book now.

Funchal apparently.

Anyone been? Any recommendations for hotels etc?

I only know that the airport is named after Cristiano Ronaldo and thereā€™s a goddamn awful statue of him that I will take a picture of and post hereā€¦

Helpā€¦with Madeira recommendations . Enthuse me (or euthanise) me, I canā€™t get worked up about this one.

you can get in a basket on wheels and be pushed down a hill
The cake and fortified wine are ok.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s fucking mental - why is it even a thing? - certainly wonā€™t be doing that until Iā€™m loaded up with wine (&cake)

1 Like

Tamar Valley for me this summer. Buy British innit.

2 Likes

Lovely part of the world and not too big a drive from Southampton.

New York via Glastonbury
Palma Nova
Possibly Bordeaux in August if not Peppa Pig World.

Gran Canaria in August for us

1 Like

I went in June once and it was super hot. Know some lovely little places to go to up in the hills. If you like scary roads.

All I remember is Funchal itself was a bit disappointing. Madeira does have Cabo Girao Cliffs and Skywalk - they didnā€™t have the skywalk when I was there but I do remember scaring myself shitless looking over the cliffs!

2 Likes

Euthanise is the right word

If you are 70 plus - you are going to love it - think cruising ashore

Plus the entire place is a shrine to the uber cunt that is Ronaldo

Enjoy

Actually it is supposed to be great in the spring when all the flowers are out

When are you going?

Nope, scary roads are not for me, slightly hamstrung by having the kids with us but we shall persevere.

Mid summer. :lou_sad:

Luckily not booked yetā€¦I need better ideas!

Looks like funā€¦from our last visit in March 2017ā€¦NOT me and the missus BTW

I have some golf volunteer friends who escaped to there from Dubai. (Think they were in the row boat with Charles Bronson)
They post nice photos of grass and sea.
Hth