🛫 2019 summer hols

Right, the Ayatollah is getting twitchy and whinging about the fact that we haven’t got a summer holiday sorted. Thanks to an arguement a couple of months back, I have got the responsibility of organising this one.

So I need a picturesque village on the south west of France sleeps 2 or more , decent restaurants in walking distance.

Help

Off skiing in Feb. Think we are going to do Devon/Cornwall this summer. Fuck paying 7 Euros for visas :wink:
Tahiti in 2020.

Why specifically South West France?

Sounds like The Ayatollah has sorted the holiday and you’re just sorting the details and paying

Formidable! :lou_wink:

Trying to keep her away from St Tropez and Monoco

She would like to be south within striking distance of the beach

I would like food, wine, stone houses and cheap

Mrs BTripz wants to do Bulgaria this year, that’s if we’re not divorced by then…

1 Like

Biarritz?

1 Like

And yes she is formidable, the name is no coincidence

1 Like

Do Croatia and Montenegro - I have a cracking intinery

1 Like

Spain has some great stuff and France will be in full blown anarchy by then.
Good luck explaining that :blush:

1 Like

Did Spain last year - if you get the chance Zaragoza is a great place for tapas, bullfights and a cracking minerally white wine

Also a working knowledge of Spanish is helpful cos they speak fuck all English

1 Like

Vonting tips yung bobsir?

2 Likes

Simple one, but i never knew the history of Malaga and what remains(airport town to me).
Stayed along the coast with the daughter last year and got the train into Malaga(she’s not into sunbathing). Stunning castle and old town. Great fun exploring and found some good food.
Interesting country if you get away from the tourist beaches(and Malaga isn’t far at all).
Good luck on your hunt and don’t expect to please her.

2 Likes

If you do book up, give me a nudge beforehand and i will go through my Decanter back catalogue for some wine recommendations

In fact if anyone is off to a wine region, let me know and I will see if I can give you a steer on vintages or producers

2 Likes

formidable = splendid en françes btw

I’m sure the Ayatollah is though.

:lou_wink:

Hang on Hang on, I may have only just nailed it. Pézenas May be a winner.

Thank you telegraph travel.

2 Likes

Where are you at skiing? 10 day’s in Vallandry for me this year. Probably the last time we go here, which will be sad as it is where I learnt.

Has she already done all the other Wombles?

8 Likes

Honeymoon in Kefalonia followed by Montenegro. Sorted :+1:

5 Likes

Mrs C_S chooses and books our holidays- 99% of the time they’ve been spot on.

This year she’s waiting for the Brexit fallout and will book accordingly i.e. a place without Brits.

I’m not that racist, so would just prefer somewhere without other people.

1 Like

I am doing the South of England in Feb for a week on my todd and then in June for 10 days with the wife and kids.

South Of England I specifically mean the Waterside.

1 Like