šŸ¤Ŗ 2019 General Election Discussion :gov:

I wouldnā€™t put too much stock in Ken Clarke.

Iā€™ve read the manā€™s autobiography. Manages to mention Peter Morrison a few times but fails to mention, as Edwina Currie did, that the man was a ā€œpederastā€.

Also responsible for turning good polytechnics into crap Unis, ā€œlevellingā€ the playing field for all students to be charged a fortune.

Thereā€™s also the fact that Clarke would rather the UK be a council chamber of the EU.

The only sense in which Clarke is one nation is that his mistakes have plagued one nation.

1 Like

LOL. At least Nan didnā€™t swear.

6 Likes

Jeez I nodded off after 2 minutesā€¦was thereā€™s anything of interest or did the rest of you nod off too. :zzz:

I watched it all. Highly amusing.

3 Likes

ā€˜ā€˜Because of his association with other racist partiesā€¦ well not other racist partiesā€¦ racist partiesā€™ā€™

:lou_lol:

3 Likes

That is brilliant :joy:

ā€œThere is also the FACT that Clarke would rather the UK be a council chamber of the EUā€.
Hyperbole much?
OK, Kenneth Clarke is a Conservative. But it is pretty much universally acknowledged that he is of the one nation variety, with a social conscience. Who has been kicked out of the party because of this stance. But, as usual your opinion about anything and anybody is solely related to whether or not they share your extreme Brexiter views, nothing else matters, you are obsessed. Does it not trouble you that you have more in common with the likes of Rees Mogg, Raab, Truss and Patel than Clarke does?

Do you bother checking the substance of the thing youā€™re replying to before assuming someone is lying?

I try to.

ā€œI look forward to the day when the Westminster Parliament is just a council chamber in Europe.ā€ ā€” Kenneth Clarke, Conservative Chancellor in International Currency Review Vol 23 No 4 1996

I donā€™t think I called you a liar, but I was clearly wrong to suggest you were exaggerating if thatā€™s what Clarke said. So I hang my head in shame and stand before you a humble and chastened man. :pensive:

2 Likes

No worries. Ten years ago, it would have been a very different story. Back in the days when I was still shocked by conspiracy theories, Iā€™d often post speculation. It never helped, now matter how good it was. All that ever happened was that Iā€™d have a quartet of cunts spending 24 hours a day demanding that I prove something not on the public record.

I tend to favour posting stuff that is provable in the public record, and keep the speculative stuff to myself.

I get far less grief and as you know yourself, the public record is damning enough.

So this snake not only sends out thousands of letters to marginal constituencies telling them not to vote for the party ā€œthat has been my lifeā€, because Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist supporter, who hates this country and is therefore unfit to be Prime Minister, these letters have been paid for by the Conservative Party. Desperate stuff, i hope he is being paid well.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/ex-mp-ian-austin-urges-voters-in-labour-marginal-seats-to-vote-for-boris-johnson/

Johnson is a supporter of a well-funded, publicly operated NHS fā€™sure.

This is how the NY Times is covering our election.

Imagine what would happen if our press and national broadcaster werenā€™t so far up Borisā€™s arse that they can clean his teeth.

1 Like

I had to laugh at the woman in the report who said she is voting for Johnson precisely because he is a liar, as it shows heā€™s human. FFS.

1 Like

Bring back Paul Nuttall. All is forgiven.

ahemmmmmm!
:lou_eyes_to_sky:

Blame bletch.

None taken.

What we need some s Andrew Neil empty chairing Johnson and simply going through the facts of what BJ said on Marr.

The BBC has already done it and posted in in obscurity on its website.

1 Like