Your all time top 10 films

Herding cattle is serious business. You can’t make comedy out of it.

1 Like

Yeah. Jimmy Stewart is in it also. He is come to clean up town, but it turns out he is a Pacifist. That is the set-up. It is good movie!

Lou, if you like westerns, then you MUST watch Djanjo Unchained!! It’s um, technically a westrern.

Fucking great film too!

1 Like

Sounds like my kind of man, so long as he still wins… I’d better go watch it.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that. I’m pretty sure I thought it was great. But in all honesty, I can’t remember for sure or not!

Obviously you’ve never been to Botleigh Grange on a Saturday night.

2 Likes

In no particular order and subject to change:

Taxi Driver

Raging Bull

Birdman

Godfather Trilogy

The Castle

On The Waterfront

Monsters Inc

Apocalypse Now

Withnail and I

A Fistful of Dollars

2 Likes

You like a lot of angry films, Goatboy!

1 Like

Suspiria

Time Bandits

The Wicker Man

Hellraiser

Apocalypse Now

Night of the Living Dead

Goonies

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Young Frankenstein

A Man Escaped

I was very tempted to put Mad Max Fury Road in there too, but who knowsif repeat viewing will not show it kindly, too early to tell.

like Pap, I too watch a lot of shit in with the European art house stuff, De Sica’s Umberto D and Bicycle Thieves sits on the same shelves as all four Toxic Avenger films for example.

1 Like

Fuck, I forgot Quatermass, The Devil Rides Out and Dracula Prince of Darkness!

1 Like

Get your fivers out! :wink:

No I had to drop Micky for life of Brian. I love Micky Blud Eyes and do not really give a shit what you tossers think! :wink:

also like grease and Bee Movie.

Micky Blue Eyes is one of the first films I watched with Liz and my family. I love the film, only watched it last night after Shutter Island.

1 Like

Come on, admit it, you like Micky Blue Eyes as well. You do not have to act all macho in front of this lot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i think I am going to start a fan club!

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

I love old westerns. That’s why I’m a cowgirl !

Have you seen Heaven’s Gate?

I’m in it (as an extra). The movie succeeded in destroying United Artists.

Michael Cimino :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Top ten (called it an even dozen) movies from the seventies – the golden age of American cinema:

The Godfather (1, not 2. The ‘baptism of death’ sequence is one of the masterpieces of modern film)

Badlands. The first film from the ruralist philosopher Terrence Malick, starring Martin Sheen in full James Dean mode, and all told from the perspective of Cissy Spacek.

Taxi Driver. There is not a more jaggedly poetic character that Travis Bickle. Paul Schrader, who wrote it, never got close again to this dialogue writing.

Westworld. Michael ‘Jurassic Park’ Crichton directed from his own novel. Yul Brynner’s best movie.

The Deer Hunter. Michael Cimino’s flawed masterpiece about the Vietnam War.

Apocalypse Now. Vietnam again – photographed by Vittorio Storaro in blood and dirt. You need to see the outtakes of the Brando scene in the cave – very strange.

Chinatown. Roman Polanski fought with Robert Towne, the screenwriter, over the ending. Towne hated the downbeat ending with the shooting of Dunaway. Polanski was right.

Annie Hal l. Woody Allen at his absolute creative peak, funny as hell.

The Exorcist. Truly the most frightening experience I’ve ever had in a cinema.

The Sting. A movie as clever as the grifters in it; Newman and Redford’s chemistry is amazing to watch.

High Plains Drifter. The western as messianic mythology. Directed by Eastwood.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. This vies with Duel as my favourite Spielberg movie.

3 Likes

I can’t say my top 10 now, i’m a bit tired

Love Badlands, Sissy Spacek though :laughing:

Jaws is of course the best Spielberg movie