Your all time top 10 films

It’s no Micky Blue Eyes, but it’s v.funny & warm-hearted movie that I would recommend to ppl who are nice ppl. It’s genuine one of my favourites!

1 Like

Fuck…I just poured out my heart in flowing emotional prose to give you just two of my most emotional moments in the cinema…and in the twenty minutes I took to share it with you all…the fucking site logged me out and all was lost. :slight_frown:

2 Likes

I can’t think of many films with the singular quality of Mickey Blue Eyes - that it was ever allowed to see the light of day.

Would whoever started this MBE thing please accompany me over to the TSW assisted suicide thread?

1 Like

sfcsim has edited his post to make it look like frbl started it I thought mikey having Green Mile on his list was more Embarrassing. What is it that ppl like about Green Mile?

Originally posted by @Bearsy

sfcsim has edited his post to make it look like frbl started it

Yeah, shame that. Shouldn’t have had to. I guess it was the Micky Blue Eyes digs. In classic Bear capitalised style, I’d Have Told The Pair Of You To Fuck Off

I thought mikey having Green Mile on his list was more Embarrassing. What is it that ppl like about Green Mile?

It’s three hours long, doesn’t require a great deal of attention and make you cry at the end. Prison dramas were off my menu; I’m scared of what happens then they drop the tropes in the shower.

i hope all this hasn’t ruined his enjoyment. I would be v.sad if when sfcsim is next watching Micky Blue Eyes, he is forced to do it in a shame-filled and bitter fashion! If it makes him feel any better, I’ve probably watched Sister Act 2 about 10 times, and I can offer no justification for that either!

There are films that are fucking shit by any critical estimation that I fucking love. The Last Dragon, Whoopee Boys. Two examples from a big list.

I thought this thread was going to be about posters’ personal preferences, p’raps give an insight into what people like. That ain’t going to happen if people get cajoled onto the IMDB Top 250.

I’d pay good money for Furball and Bearsy to destroy my list. He should make the most of it!

I’d tick about half of sfcsim’s list, and some are interesting choices not least for the fact that they ever made it to the cinemas.

American History X for example has a freakishly Hollywood-hell production story (an epic struggle between Edward Norton, who ended up editing the film himself, and the bizarro English director Tony Kaye, who wanted his director’s credit removed and replaced with ‘Humpty Dumpty’).

Natural Born Killers was another nearly strangled at birth.

There is a history of this sort of thing in Hollywood - of great or very good movies being hated by execs while in production or running into terminal trouble. Godfather rushes screenings were brutal, with the studio demanding the cinematographer be fired. And Predator was virtually disowned by the studio - as were Die Hard and The Bourne Identity.

The Green Mile is one of those films that you either love or hate - I personally like it for some great performances (Michael Clarke Duncan & Doug Hutchison especially) and a well-told story. Most people I know think it’s over-long and too slow, but I really enjoy watching it. And yes, it does make me cry :cry:

I’ve not even heard of half ur list. One or two of them sound Made Up.

Originally posted by @pap

There are films that are fucking shit by any critical estimation that I fucking love. The Last Dragon, Whoopee Boys. Two examples from a big list.

I thought this thread was going to be about posters’ personal preferences, p’raps give an insight into what people like. That ain’t going to happen if people get cajoled onto the IMDB Top 250.

With that as the benchmark, let me recommend to you The Last Airbender. You’ll love it - right up your street.

My holiday film watching (not my DVDs)…

Die Hard (the one with the evil brother)

Notebook

Fifth Element

Harrison Ford film where he was president and his plane was hijacked by Russian terrorists

Originally posted by @Furball

With that as the benchmark, let me recommend to you The Last Airbender. You’ll love it - right up your street.

Please. You’re talking to a man who has seen No Retreat, No Surrender multiple times. Get serious or fuck off :cool:

1 Like

I love old westerns. That’s why I’m a cowgirl !

Okay then, how about Rules of Engagement for a bit of enlightened movie making?

Have you seen Destry Rides Again? That is one that I like!

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

I love old westerns. That’s why I’m a cowgirl !

So why isn’t Blazing Saddles on your list?

You’ve obviously not seen, or blocked out, No Retreat, No Surrender.

Rules of Engagement is a fucking masterpiece by comparison.

Watch this, skill yourself up, and then tell us what a bad movie is.

You are embarrassing both yourself and this forum with these high budget flops.

I haven’t! Is that Marlene Dietrich? I think I remember seeing a pic of her in it in a biography way back…