Why are we here?

It’s possible to be overly fixated with fellatio?

Very good, Sir.

One final request before you retire for the evening, Sir.

Would it be possible to use a likeness of a well-known butler from the ITV drama “Down Town(sic) Abbey” for the one-off badge?

I’ve somehow become attached to the image.

Good night, Sir.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Us Spectrum lads used to look jealously at the C64 boys with their blitter chips and polyphonic sound, and then head home and smugly connect our almost unreadable thermal printer and unreliable microdrives.

Sometimes best isn’t better.

You and your burn printers. So cute!

Working class credentials nailed to the mast there, Bletch. I’d previously had you down for a BBC man, but having read your other posts about the singular opportunity gap in Gosport, the Spectrum makes a lot more sense.

I’m glad in a sense. It means we don’t have to have 20 pages of someone defending Stryker’s Run as the best thing in the 8 bit era.

From Bordon (mid-Hampshire) - proper hole. The kind of place where people played football with hedgehogs and stray dogs roamed in packs.

David Armstrong saved me from a life of existential boredom with that cross for Moran at Fratton Park. Prior to this, my family, both sides being from Locks Heath, had been torn equally between Southampton and Portsmouth.

Sorry papster, I was a Spectrum AND BBC (B) man.

Defected (well sort of/plan to/ may mix it up a bit although never a really prolific poster) as all the smarter, nicer posters seem to be here.

No nastiness or trolls - hope it doesn’t become too gentle and agreeable though. I liked Saintsweb for having so many dickheads.

And can can I change my name? Feels similar to a badly named fantasy football team that you have to stick with for.a season and vow not to make the same mistake next year.

Coming from Alton (as I originally do), I feel your pain.

In the existential sense I’m here as a result of an accident. Hooray! As for being on Papsweb? Well, it just feels like the done thing now.

1 Like

You can change your username as long as no-one else has it.

Way back during the painful transition from pre-puberty to…um, post puberty…I had a mate who took me to my first Saints match, and that was it!

I didn’t really want to go to the match, but my mate was also struggling with the whole puberty thing and was way too much on board with the whole idea of experimenting to find his sexuality. I never suffered this dilemma, so he was all like, how about we play with eachother’s winkies? I would say no, I don’t really want to do that. He would say, wanna go and see Saints? I asked him if it involved winkies in any way and he said no…So I went to see Saints play Newcastle (draw)

So, basically, I support Saints because I am not gay…Had it turned out that I WAS gay, then I would probably be fantastic at it and also be a Chelsea fan.

2 Likes

hot story ohio was there a happy ending?

There was for him!! My mum had a crappy little ornament of an African lady. He whipped out his winkie and shot a load over it. Aside from the fact that he did that in front of me, at least I was relieved that it was a lady statue…I hope that in later life he never commitedd any serious crimes, Prison life would be utter confusion for him.

1 Like

I’ve Bump This Thread so I can hear life stories of bros what joined more recent pls

Bumping again bacause I found the link to this page on Twatter.

My story is boring. My uncle who is a farmer/saints fan near Kings Sombourne used to take me every game during school holidays when we went to stay.

First game back in 1975. Saints v Oxford, back in division 2 - in old money.

Won 2:1 as I recall.

Hooked.

Also recall being right at the front on the halfway line standing in a rising tide of urine flowing down the stand…remember us soaking our shoes/plimsolls when we got back after the game.

3 Likes

My mates dad took him and me to see Man City in the league in 1974 we lost 0-2 and stood in the Milton road end.

He became a West Ham supporter after that but I was then hooked on Saints.

Only ever went to the Milton end at the Dell but after Wednesday night have been to three sides of St Mary’s So far the Itchen has been the best view.

3 Likes

I went to a primary school that somehow managed not to do Sports, only PE.
Somehow I had a wish to watch football even at the tender age of 9.
Parents had some builders in (friends of theirs) and they talked about football, so I badgered them and eventually they agreed to take me. I can’t remember which was my first game - 1967 & they took me to see Spurs and Utd that season. I was hooked.

Parents had a part time gardener who had an ST in the Upper West Stand and he took me to maybe half a dozen games over the next couple of years including Peter Shilton scoring against us.

Once I went to "BIG school. I found others and eventually Mum let me start going with them - Kiddie Chocolate Boxes to start with but eventually we reached the whole Tartan Scarf Doc Martins’ Milton Road thing. Must have been late 70’s when Salisbury played Millwall in the FA Cup at the Dell - think that was my last Milton Road game, we went Under East Stand, Archers and eventually made our home on the halfway line Under West Stand until I went to the sandpit.