Who is stone cold sober on a Friday night?

Cunts

1 Like

Sweet dreams :lou_is_a_flirt:

On to page 3 oooh, errrā€¦

Iā€™m surprised too tbf

pā€™haps itā€™s carried on cos itā€™s alcohol neutral?

Actually it only (only he says) a couple of weeks. Going to the Fat Duck next week end and then 9 days skiing the weekend after

Still shit though

You 9 to 5 ers and weekends off dont realise how much us offshore workers put into drinking as much as we can in the 5 and half months that we have off to keep up with your normal intake.

Not forgetting we have to have D & A tests before we go offshore and randomly through the year.

It takes months of planning to pass them.

4 Likes

Having discovered the game is on tv my dinner of lamb steak becomes my lunch.

Do I still have the bottle of Red Wine with It? Will I last until kick off and pub time if I do

#1stworldproblems

1 Like

Lamb steak I am lucky if I get Mutton or Goat down here I would kill the lamb if it was available.

And like the UAE red wine is nearly unafordable.

1 Like

How much is red wine PS? Worse than Australia? Its bloody expensive there, even when it comes from 100 yards away :lou_angry:

We are looking at the cheapest bottle to be Peso 1500 which is equivelent to about 23 quid a botttle

Ah you mean UK restaurant prices for cheap plonk. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

2 Likes

But the thing is the locals do not drink wine its either Beer or Hard spirits so wine as a luxury for Ex-Pats is expensive.

bottle of rum just over a quid

Bottle of gin or vodka just over 2 quid.

Crate of San Miguel beer 6 quid.

Yes but try going to a restaurant in the Philippines and ordering a bottle of wine

Nigh on impossible

Sorry Sir we are out of stock.

What wine do you have?

Sorry Sir out of stock.

Third world problems yes.

1 Like

Restaurants in Aus usually had one or two bottles at Ā£35-40, a handful nearer Ā£50 and the majority more than that. Of course 95% of wine is bloody produced there.

In the bottle shops (off licences) you could find some at Ā£15 but it was the equivalent of a Uk supermarket bottle at Ā£5.

Beers were about Ā£7-8 in the pubs. So at least this will help me think the prices in London today are not too bad

The red was a Mavrud brought in Bulgaria for Ā£7 sells in UK about Ā£20 I was told.

Our standard home plonk is Cassillo de Diablo - Ā£7 a bottle at the hole in the wall 150kms away.

In a restaurant here it sells for >Ā£80

Ate at Gaggan in Bangkok 1st time Iā€™ve drunk wine in Thailand they had a lovely limited release organic North Italian White at $100 a bottle which was the thing to do at that moment.

But no still have work to do b4 pub so stayed off the wine.

Lamb steak was superb PS $10 / kg special at Carrefour

1 Like

Is that the sweet taste of victory? No, it is a velvety St Emillion caressing my tongue. The Ayatollah blinked first and who was I to deny my beloved.

Fuck you dry January. Fuck you.

3 Likes

Ah, the @cb-saint we know and love it back, I was worried for a while I must admit.

1 Like

Dont now what restaurants you frequented, but substitute dollars for pounds and you are about right. As for bottle shops - a cheap red would be $10 - $15 and you can get some pretty decent stuff for $30 as long as you like the Aussie wines. A decent french wine is an altogether different proposition though! Even a chateauneuf du pape will probably set you back $80