šŸ’°ā“ What would Sotonians do with the money if you had won the Ā£170 million jackpot on the Euro lottery

Out of interest, why do you take the piss out of Borisā€™ middle name which clearly has links to his German ancestry. I canā€™t imagine you doing this if his middle name was Mohammed or such like.

1 Like

Iā€™ve wondered that. I can only think itā€™s a kind of put-down, in the same way the intelligentsia refer to Tommy Robinson as Yaxley-Lennon. Thereā€™s a sort of get out clause, in that the person being derided was once known by a different name, but Iā€™d like to see anyone address my ex wife as ā€œMs Scottyā€, sheā€™d knock them spark fucking out :smile::smile::smile:
Likewise, I recall Muhammad Ali demolishing some poor blighter who had been goaded into referring to him as Cassius Clay, then standing in the ring over his prostrate body yelling ā€œWHATā€™S MY NAME? WHATā€™S MY NAME??ā€ :confounded::open_mouth::open_mouth:

I say this as a lefty pretty miffed with those that would also identify as left.

Itā€™s a typical ā€œleftā€ tactic to take the piss out of things or people they do not agree with. It isnā€™t one I agree with. Itā€™s actually something that the Tories do better.

1 Like

I donā€™t. His middle name is boris. As pm he should be known by his correct name. His first name is Alexander and his surname is Johnson, so if others donā€™t use the correct name whatā€™s the problem with me doing the same?
Why do you not refer to him by his surname like you would with other politicians?

Umm,
Gordon Brownā€™s real name is James Gordon Brown
Tony Blair was really an Anthony
James Callaghan was really Leonard James Callaghan

The list goes onā€¦lots of people I know donā€™t like their first name and want to be called by their middle nameā€¦

People are just using the correct name. We could call him by one of his other made up names if you prefer.
Wayne King?
I kid you not.

How many of those were referred to in the news by their first(incorrect) names?
If people use his surname like they do for other politicians thatā€™s fine. Until then iā€™ll stick with pfeffel.

Oh stop it.
Iā€™d sort out the family with trust funds.
Buy a mansion in Pilton so i can get villager Glasto tickets.
Iā€™d buy a vinyard somewhere exotic that supplies wines I like.
Iā€™d invest in some fun tech business to have work as a hobby.
Iā€™d see the world in my private jet and watch England everywhere in Cricket Football & Rugby.

Oh wait. That was my mate from Dubai and he had less than 10% of the total when he sold his business.
Bollox. Need a new plan

And no he ainā€™t got a private jet but he has used Netjets.

Isnā€™t his first name Alexander?

Can he call you Betty?

Yes and if you had read my reply to CB you would have seen i said that.

No. Itā€™s not any part of my name, unlike pfeffel.