What might have been?

Alderweireld, Wanyama, Tadic, Lovren, Mane, Virgil, Lovren, lala, Ox…

All playing in CL semis

Add in Shaw and Poch and I do wonder where we might have been had Marcus lived and supported NastyNic and his CL promise…?

Makes me think, What is the best 11 of those STILL playing that have played for Saints? And how good would that side be?

Tadic will be the only one to win the CL. That’s quite wonderful when you think about it :joy:

2 Likes

Wasnt that just a thread on Twitter :sunglasses:

Gazza
Clyne VVD Alderweireld Lovren Shaw
Tadic Wanyama AOC Mane
Pelle/JRod

Bench could include
Chambers Lallana Billy Sharp Fonte Schneiderlin, Gabbiadini Boruc
Then I struggle but nippers like Gape, McArthy, & the lad who went to Yeovil.

You missed Bale

Twitter? never done it…

Now that makes CM interesting as I’d have Wanyama Tadic Bale & Mane.
Or would you play Bale up front as a lone striker. Or go full Ajax with Tadic up front.
In the EPL?

Hmm Tricky

I feel like I really ought to contribute to this entirely reasonable thread.

But frankly, the prospect of any more thought on the subject is simply too depressing, my dears. :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t find it depressing I just find it pointless, I care not a jot what other players are doing at other clubs unless it directly affects my fantasy football team, and I don’t care much about that either as my points tally indicates.

2 Likes

I’m doing worse than you, so I must care even less…

1 Like

Miserable bastards :kissing_heart: - its just an interesting question given how quick some are to dismiss players we have had, or the approach we have taken, it shows that despite a shitty couple of years, the model could have worked very nicely. Interesting to note the none of these players cost the earth, none were considered CL standard etc… this is not meant as a miserable post but one that’s shot what good scouting and academy combined could achieve if we have the right leadership…

1 Like

Well, if you put it like that then…:thinking:

Nah, nothing.

:wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Nope, still nothing

I can gladly say I’m happy we don’t have to put up with Michael Antonio doing a stupid fucking dance every time he scores, so I’m glad he fucked off. There, I’ve contributed, happy now? :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Think it’s time you googled that Rupert interview about our Academy producing players to take us into the Champions League.

He was “sort of” right

Just found this from 29/12/73. We were 5th in the league and had just drawn with Arsenal 1-1 at home on Boxing Day as a result of Channon having his last minute penalty saved by Bob Wilson.

If we had won these 2 games as we should of, we would probably have got ino Europe instead of being relegated.