đŸŽ” What are you listening to etc

Arab Strap, are also a Scottish band who toured with Belle and Sebastian. Stuart Murdoch, (B and S songwriter) claimed didn’t realise the words had a different meaning and that the phrase worked well in the lyrics :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m pretty sure that at the time (in the early days of the Internet), I Googled Arab Strap and it suggested it was a device for horses.

Now, I can only find cock ring definitions.

I may have made everything up.

Cunts.

pS great album.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love Belle & Sebastian
have done since the late '90s and have most of their output. I read somewhere that they took quite a bit of flack for the “popiness” of their latest album, “How to Solve Our Human Problems”
I don’t get the criticism
I love it and just as important the Missus does too. :lou_lol:

Oboe always makes me cry
OK I’m weird

2 Likes
1 Like

Why am I only just finding out David Byrne & Brian Eno were a thing? Why did nobody tell me it was (unsurprisingly) this good?

1 Like

We all got together a while ago and felt you’d enjoy it more if you discovered it organically. Took your fucking time though mate :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

You fuckers don’t deserve me

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Love some of Eno’s stuff, he did some work on the soundtrack for dune which was awesome, add some bongos and a bit of hi-hat and you get about 7 minutes of something that puts me into a bit of a trance (kicks in about 1min30).

2 Likes

Enjoyed that. Definitely get the trance vibe too. Had to tap and drum to it - couldn’t sit still.

You’re this years Sotonians charity case.

We thought we’d patronise someone else other than Bletch this year.

:lou_wink_2:

I keep going back to this video
very intense but a wonderful combination of vocal and electronica. Last year’s eponymous Loney Dear album was my album of the year
endlessly inventive with a stark beauty. Had the “Big Chocolate Cake” removed from my ear (aka stitches) and my new Sony headphons are fuckin’ amazing. :lou_lol:

Sorry, I missed this when you posted it a while back.

Thank you.

Stuck in my office catching up on reports and paperwork, underworld (loudly) helping me get through it :raised_hands:

1 Like