šŸŽµ What are you listening to etc

Still doe it for me :wink:

1 Like

Saw them live in Newport, Rhode Island a couple of years ago. Sheā€™s aged well :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Both doing fine by teh look of things

1 Like

Did manage to see the Throwing Muses back in 1989 when they supported REM at Wembley Arena on the Green World Tourā€¦ was quite a gigā€¦ cant believe that is nearly 30 years agoā€¦

As I mentioned, saw Belly a couple of years ago, and saw Tanya Donnelly solo in the early 2000ā€™s. Also saw Kristin Hersh a couple of times around then too, but unfortunately never saw the Muses, and Kristin mainly played her solo stuff.

Is cos I is old fuckerā€¦:man_white_haired:

fuck this tune is relaxing :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also been listening to a lot of Iron Maiden.

In keeping with these times.

I read the Bruce Dickinson autobiography the other day. Interesting stuff and a good,if very, very easy read.

He left out way too much to allow you to get under the skin of him and his life.

Can only assume he did it for the moneyā€¦which I thought he had wheelbarrow loads of anywayā€¦which begs the question of why bother writing it.

Tbf I picked it up really cheap at Sainsburyā€™s.

He was in a lot of stink with cancer a couple of years ago, so maybe needed to ensure an inheritance.

Through it now though, I think.

Theyā€™re the best rock band. There, Iā€™ve said it. And Iā€™m not ashamed.

You should be

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t know shame if it diddled you between your two hairy testes.

Youā€™re the worst among us.

2 Likes

Heā€™d did and pulled through so good on him.

Iā€™ve only seen them once live back in the day at the Gaumont - On their Killers tour. Paul DiAnnio was still just about their vocalist.

About that time I saw Samson where Bruce was the vocalist (it may have been the same gig).

Around the same time I saw Trust supporting someone or other and Nico McBain was their drummer - got on their tour bus after the gig and snaffled a beer & got autographs. Was about 16 back then.

1 Like

My excitement at seeing Teenage fanclub play Songs from northern Britain and Grand Prix in November has been slightly tempered by news last week that Gerard Love is leaving the band. He leaves on the 15th Nov and Iā€™ll see them on the 10th. Itā€™s an honour to be seeing one of the last times theyā€™ll ever play together.

Iā€™ve listened to all of Songs fromā€¦, Grand Prix and A a Catholic education tonight. I fucking love them.

3 Likes

Not sure where to post this, but if it wasnā€™t for those meddling kids weā€™d still have proper music festivals

For years Reading & Leeds have been the starter festivals. Itā€™s full of 16/17 year olds, celebrating/commiserating their GCSE results. It was my first festival, aged 16.

The line up reflects what kids are listening to. Things change, who fucking cares.

Let them have it.

2 Likes