šŸŽµ What are you listening to etc

I need to start providing references for all my videos.

2 Likes

Really digging this album. Iā€™m a bit of a sucker for that gentle, close- mic sound. A bit like Stina Nordenstam, if anyone remembers herā€¦

1 Like
2 Likes

Jim Oā€™ Rourke. amazing musician and film composer. Bass player in Sonic Youth etc. Producer of Sonic Youth, Wilco, Beth Orton etc. Produced two brilliant EPā€™s each one having having no promotion and a deliberate attempt to having the most unmarketable sleeve.

3 Likes

Though frankly, his first EP didnā€™t sell too well. It is genius though.

1 Like

Iā€™m a big fan of the already mentioned Big Youth and Steel Pulse. Few others I like:

2 Likes

Jim Oā€™Rourke is one of my favourite musicians! Done so many different things in different styles, worked with so many great people. I bloody love him.

Just this week I bought his newish album, Sleep Like Itā€™s Winter.

1 Like

Caught up with ā€œReginald D Hunterā€™s Songs of The Borderā€ this afternoon. Loved itā€¦several new names for me to check out. Tex Mex and moreā€¦

1 Like
1 Like

been listening to some of Prodigyā€™s old stuff recently and came across this, I knew they sampled a lot of their stuff but I never realised how subtle some of it was.

1 Like

Have you heard the new track?

Yeah wasnā€™t sure about it at first but itā€™s growing on me :lou_smiley:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=G_U74eyB5o8

There it is

1 Like
1 Like

Dā€™you reckon Spiritualized have flogged their space-gospel nag into the injun burial ground now?

1 Like

Theyā€™ve certainly cornered the market.

2 Likes

Without wanting to be disrespectful, that sounds like a drunk woman at the pub singing along to the jukebox. I love that song as well.

That is disrespectful.

You could almost hear the anxiety in her voice, but once I got used to the change in her voice I enjoyed all the songs.