đŸŽ” What are you listening to etc

My instagram is essentially variations on this photo.

Aren’t you folks gutted to be missing out on this top #content?

Yeah but in the meantime we can listen to A Salty Dog. :lou_wink_2:

Humph, fine

3 Likes
1 Like

I really liked her first album and her collaboration with Will Gregory. Post was my fave, mid 90’s album. Reminds me of being a student, Massive Attack, Tricky, Britpop, Euro 96 
 Perhaps should stop typing shit at this point,

1 Like

Michel Gondry for when directors had an influence, that’s a whole other thing

1 Like

No CGI, just practical fx

3 Likes
2 Likes

I was at school learning the saxophone around about the time this came out.

The sax in this pretty much made me realise I should stop and take up the guitar instead. Well, that and being forced to play “Somewhere over the rainbow” (badly), on stage, in front of a load of other kids and the renowned Dr Eugene Rousseau - so he could critique it in front of everyone.

I fucking hated Mrs Swire (the music teacher) from that day forward.

Still love this, though.

2 Likes

I’ve just listened to that and it’s flaming lovely. I shall investigate further. Well done @KRG

It’s great when you suddenly get introduced to new music. Think there’s mileage with these .

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=MpGcxgnQfkI

2 Likes

I only discovered them through a friend about 2 years ago, just before they released their 2nd album. They’re great fun.

Apparently they are already well underway with the next record, so hopefully there won’t be another 16 year gap between records. If they can keep themselves on track that is. A friend used to work at their record label in Aus, she had some pretty incredible stories about the frontman, Robbie.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard this isolated vocal before but
Wow

This was unavailable for many years for copyright reasons. Warner Bros seem to have relented and allowed it to stay on YouTube. This is from the live video recording “Shadows and Light”
wonderful song, wonderful singer, wonderful guitar solo from Pat Metheny
just a wonderful performance.

Been listening to Laura Cannell loads for a few years now. She’s got a new album out today, none of which is up on YewChoob yet. So here’s just some of what she does.

1 Like
2 Likes

Chuffing heck - that’s good.

2 Likes

I got a bit distracted by Metheny’s spasming wank face.

2 Likes

Mod edit: You even broken Discourse with that link. LOL.

3 Likes