đŸŽ” What are you listening to etc

I’m liking the new stuff
but I loved “Ones and Sixes” too. No matter their approach
experimental or bland their music is very calming for me. Headphone stuff though, because some of it annoys Mrs. LITSL.

Aye, I was thinking more of C’mon and The Invisible Way, where they seemed to be treading trad indie water.

I’ll never get bored of this

3 Likes
1 Like

and the wonderful Shara Worden now Shara Nova (My Brightest Diamond)
in the foreground :slight_smile:

One of my favourites too, from the same show (Austin City Limits 2006) “Detroit Lift Up Your Weary Head”
from 11 mins 53 secs
on.

1 Like

Marmozets. @intiniki won’t like them. She can’t handle female screamers. Sexist.

1 Like

One for Ted:

2 Likes

This is decent:

1 Like

6music has a Robert Smith/Cure /Meltdown Festival show by Tom Robinson. on now for another hour. Would be good on catch up.

2 Likes

I’m obsessed

It’s very Canadian :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Been a fan of these guys since a Brazilian friend introduce me to their music. It’s rare they play together but they’re coming to London in November and now I just need to secure 4 tickets.

I love this song.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Roisin Murphy <3

2 Likes

No secret here of my love for the music of Calexico. Started back in the early '90s when I stumbled across “Giant Sand”, Joey Burns and John Convertino were the rhythm section. They lived and recorded in Tucson, Az which I suppose endeared them to me as I love the desert states
maybe I was a Native American in a previous existence. :lou_wink_2:

Sad when they left Giant Sand and their first album “Spoke” was promising but they really didn’t find their true voice until a year later.

“The Black LIght” has proved to be their masterpiece
why it happened to fall to earth fully formed, who knows. They had invented a new genre
“Desert Noir” and I played that album to death.

It’s now 20 years since it was recorded and this evening I listened to it again in its entirity
I was right when I first heard it
a masterpiece. :lou_lol:

Whole album