:westhamfc: West Ham v Saints :saints: (PL)

tell that from the commentary can you?

1 Like

Well one listens to the wireless and takes the information given, unless you think its fake news and we’re winning 3-0 with a stunning performance?

thank fuck for that its over

Lol.

Are you putting your trust a couple of blokes on the wireless watching the match?

Perhaps you could put your trust in a couple of blokes (me an @Goatboy) on here?

Until their second goal went in West Ham didn’t know what to do. It was all Saints. Redmond for Ings transformed the game.

Their keeper tipped over from Redmond, Long inexplicably took an extra touch when one on one with their keeper. Redmond had a shot desperately blocked. It was only a matter of time.

And then Bertrand gets out of position, Forster punches low and straight at their player instead of catching or getting distance and then they’re back in the game.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that result there bazza but I find most commentators both repulsive and dense. If you wanna judge on sloppy seconds you crack on fella.

Well they’re saying it was a great West Ham performance and ours was ok for 10 minutes after the 2nd half and thats it.

They scored the second in the 69th minute.

I’d say that up until then it was all Saints.

Doesn’t change the fact that we didn’t play well enough to win.

Doesn’t change my disappointment.

But it also doesn’t mean that…

Those are the facts as I SAW them.

2 Likes

Well the wireless didn’t say that, they said it was a performance likened to the Mark Hughes era, we were only good for 10 minutes after the second half and offered nothing in the first.
Lets see what Hassenhutl and the pro’s say.

The referee had a shocker I thought.

To disallow Elyounoussi’s first goal was harsh, but to disallow all four of his efforts was just fucking ridiculous.

Made my prediction look rather silly in the end…

2 Likes

Beers were good

It’s been fascinating reading barry’s rehash of a radio commentary but I have shit to do. Off to see Sleaford Mods at the Engine rooms this evening. I suppose I could just get someone to describe the set to me and blindly agree with their opinion on its merits but , call me old fashioned, I’d rather make my own mind up. Laters.

2 Likes

Why have the wireless? Its a wasted medium as you can’t trust it…

Just had an 80p vodka shot at a dive bar at Boronowice Male tram station so I could have a wee.
Most entertaining part of the afternoon

1 Like

It’s like…

You go to see a live performance of the Russ Abbot Show (with Bella Emberg) and you love it.

Oh, how you laughed!

You drive home in your Allegro and wake up the next morning to read that the Entertainment Editor of the Telegraph hated it.

What do you do - believe your own eyes and ears or some twat that has a different opinion?

Well, I neither saw that game nor listened to it on the radio. But one thing I do know is that if you play four at the back, and Stephens is one of your central defenders, you’re going to concede some goals. The last couple of matches have shown very clearly how much we miss Yoshida and Vestergaard.

Bednarek is good and getting better all the time, but he can’t do it all himself.

1 Like

I think you’ve gone a bit far there, Bletch. Allegro indeed - that’s just plain insulting. Everyone knows Barry’s a Hillman Avenger man.

5 Likes

Many think that was one of our if not the worst performance of the season bar the punters on here, strange.

As you are fond of saying, it’s a game of opinions. Which you would have if you’d bothered to watch.

I have seen the highlights and we we’re shit, Ralf said as much, care to reconsider your verdict?

We were shit in the first half. Much better in the second until they scored a second against the run of play. Overall a disappointing final away game. Would love to hear your opinion on the commentary.

2 Likes