:saints: Welcome Nathan Jones - Men's First Team Manager

Love the fact that his wife, and a big chunk of her family, are all big Saints fans. "No pressure then! “ he cheerfully admits. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh, my, God :scream:

Wish the fella all the luck in the world. I just hope the fans give him enough time.

4 Likes

I just hope he’s better than useless

1 Like

Judging by social media, 75% have us nailed on for relegation. Supporters eh?

1 Like

Low bar to clear

1 Like

Lady Slowlane is unimpressed, she said she’d never heard of him. I pointed out she’d never heard of the previous 15 Saints managers either. She grudgingly agreed.

5 Likes

This. If you’re a fan, you have to back him. He could be genius, he could be a disaster. Don’t thiink there’s any middle ground with this one.

5 Likes

I have a sneaky suspicion that once again, professional experts may be right and Tweeters may not.
Not expecting UCL just think he fits the project

5 Likes

Message from best mate and lifelong Luton fan. Biased obviously but:

“Now the dust has settled: gutted that he’s left but not surprised, given what he’s done at Luton. Whatever happens saints are definitely getting a massively committed and passionate manager with a very specific and positive way of playing. If your boys buy in to it and they can play the way he wants, esp. given the quality some of your youngsters have got, I think you’ve every chance of improving and spanking a few more teams”

7 Likes

Impressive first presser. Very honest, addresses the doubters, has a bit of humour too.

1 Like

The only previous publicly religious Saints managers I can remember are Dave Merrington and Hoddle. Don’t recall any others mentioning their beliefs. :thinking:

3 Likes

This thread is wearing well. :+1::+1::smile:

As has this…

3 Likes

With hindsight this reads like it came from a brainwashed Nathan Jones cult member :wink::joy:

3 Likes

Read his apology again.

1 Like

Whose?