We built this Citeh on Rock n Roll

What is it with last minute goals against us…?

3 Likes

Ball was moving when the free kick was taken and it was about 10 yards forward of the foul.

Bravo is a class keeper though but their predilection to play out from the keeper is going to get them caught out next season.

2 Likes

saints fan right there :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Well done City though, they’ve been absolutely phenomenal this season. It’s been a privilege to watch them at times.

Bit gutting to be so narrowly squeaked by them twice in a season though.

2 Likes

Last 5 seconds again

Who’d have thought eh?

1 Like

Fuck this lap of appreciation, I’m busting for a wee and need a beer…

1 Like

Big Dave Merrington is going BALLISTIC Lol

2 Likes

Sorry Baz, slip of the mouse, didn’t mean to down vote. I agree we need to be canny in the transfer market.

Premier League
P
PTS

Manchester City

Manchester United

Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Burnley

Everton

Leicester City

Newcastle United

Crystal Palace

AFC Bournemouth

West Ham United

Watford

Brighton & Hove Albion

Huddersfield Town

Southampton

Swansea City

Stoke City

West Bromwich Albion

How many points has Hughes dropped since he came in.?

Appointing him for sentimental reasons with a the home win against Bournmouth and away at Swansea doesnt really shout of anything but a mid table cash cow for Gao. I think we drew with puel away but i cant think of anything else

Happy we’re staying up though @newyorksaint

1 Like

What would have a 0-0 given us? False hope and shite got us into this, spin shouldn’t get us out of it.

If we buy better due to this defeat its a good thing, the last thing we want is papering over the cracks and starting with Yoshida, Cedric etc etc with a patronising #wemarchon.

We need a huge change in the squad, can we keep McCarthy for a start?

Bertrand is going so we need a new back 4 basically.

Lemina?

Tadic?

Davis is a year older.

Upfront?

Where do I start?

I hate to say it but Liverpool if they keep this current team will beat (they have the best rcord against the top 6) will win the League, Arsenal on the slide, same with Chelsea, Spurs also rans, United boring sidways passing, it’ll be between Liverpool and City with Liverpool coming out on top.

A more appropriate question should be ‘when do I start?’, let us have a few days of relief at staying up before you start the autopsy of the season Baz, I’ll be all ears in a few days and answer your questions then :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Let’s face it, you’re a closet Red.

2 Likes

Good that decent numbers stayed on at SMS for the walk around by the nippers :lou_sunglasses:

Need 3 new strilers next season OR simply do one of those Sci Fi merging things with Gabbi & Long and somehow inject some pace into Chazza’s knees, but that’s for another day.

As is the manager debate.

But Sparky gave us a team that remembered how to play football, at least that is a start.

And Saints aren’t last on MotD.

The running order

![](https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/96/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2015/8/3/195e18cd-ad37-41f5-a0c5-1a48c5299fea.jpg)

Gary Lineker

Ex-England striker on BBC One

The @BBCMotd running order: Tot/Lei, Liv/Bri, Sou/ManC, Swa/Sto, New/Che, Hud/Ars, CP/WBA, WHU/Eve, Bur/Bou, ManU/Wat. Lots to enjoy. Last one for while. Hope you join us on @BBCOne at 10.30

Am I bollocks, I hope Madord dick them 5-0.

I really enjoyed the swansea game and bournmouth but im not sure what the club is going to do to get us winning more games. I dont want to be mid table PL but if we got relegated I probably wouldnt be able to get streams to watch matches. We have lost a serious amount of cash on that argi forward so dont know how much we are going to spend. Minimum 3 top players r needed

Surprised it isn’t more upbeat on here considering we got the job done.

No denying that there is a lot of work to be done in the summer but hopefully this season acts as a wake up call for the board and the ‘Southampton way’.

I for one am relieved and pleased.

Onwards and upwards!

4 Likes

To be fair we were on the back foot for most of the game, but City are a very good side. We had our chances though. Sparky has got them much more organized, thats the main difference he has made i think. Unlucky to concede another late goal again. Let’s see what the summer brings transfer wise. Hope we manage to keep hold of McCarthy, i think a few clubs are sniffing around.

2 Likes