Wank Word of the Week

So one of the features of Discourse is that we can create a list of watch words and, if a post contains those words, we can hide the post, require it to be approved or blank out the offensive word.

I plan to hide a word each week and will award the I found the wank word badge to anyone who posts here telling me what the wank word was.

The current wank word of the week is:

Golf

Happy hunting.

Cunt.

Badge please

Lol.

If you can read it then it’s not the current wank word.

Golf.

That was me just calling you one

:lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

There’s a very easy way to cheat at this game.

I’ll keep it to myself though.

It’s golf

1 Like

No prizes for me though, I cheated.

I’m not sure about very easy, but yes I think that has ruined everybody’s fun.

Nice one @dinger.

I’m blaming you (for spoiling it) rather than myself (for picking a game that can be so easily bested).

Have a badge anyway for being a smart arse.

I’ve ruined everything.

I bet you ruin everything.

If you simply announce that the wank work for the week has been chosen, but don’t actually include it in your post, won’t that do the trick? I found golf in exactly the same way as DInger, I suspect.

■■■■ Me too.

Alas not.

The wank word is sent to the browser so the browser can obfuscate.

It will always be sent in plain text so killjoys and Dingers can stamp on people’s dreams.

:lou_sad:

Yes, I get that, but if you don’t type it yourself then whoever guesses it will be guessing. They won’t be able to see it in the quote of your post because it won’t be there. Capice?

My understanding of the way it works is that the list of watched words is sent to the browser so that it can then obfuscate if it needs to.

Pick any thread on here but specifically not this one.

Then search for this week’s wank word.

I expect you’ll find it and that’s the problem.

Yes, but at that point the person who posted it will already know what it is as they posted it. That would be the same no matter what.

I don’t understand.

I’ll PM you.

I just did it by quoting the post that had the word in. Dunno about any other fancy dan business.

Likewise. But if Bletch hadn’t put the wank word in his post you wouldn’t have been able to do that. This is the point I was trying to hammer into Bletch’s thick skull.

[@Fowllyd WILL NOW READ MY PM AND ISSUE A FULL AND UNEQUIVOCAL APOLOGY]

Why not just have the same word every week and no one has to bother with any of this bullshit.

7 Likes