VVD - will he stay or will he go?

I suggest you post that in The Liverpool Echo Rally…with it looking like Lovren to start the season commanding the centre of their defense…the poor scousers need cheering up.

According to the twitter account of the reputable football associate Murray Groves Virgil Van Dijk has given an indication that he will still be at Southampton Football Club next season.

The Dutch defender when asked by a jounalist if he was staying with Saints this summer, answered with “a smile and a single nod.”

I won’t be celebrating until we get reports of the all-important double nod. :slight_frown:

The single nod might have been a sneeze or a twitch - or a sly auction bid…

This is one occasion when actions speak quieter than words. I would like a straight up Fuck Yeah. That’d be a good indication.

3 Likes

Mini Virgil:

5 Likes

Get him in the team!

Looks better on the right.

He’s 15 :lou_wink_2:

Sell him to Liverpool!

2020 is looking better and better.

Can’t believe the reaction over there to him not liking his BD wishes from the club quickly enough. Proper stroke fest.

2 Likes

His private jet probably didn’t have WiFi flying back from meeting Judas

1 Like

Forget VVD…My birthday was in February…as it is every year. :astonished:

Did the club give me any recognition on this momentous day…21 years + :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not even this blooooody forum :astonished:

I expected much moooore :laughing:

Especially as pap and Goatboy went to school with my Grandpa…same class even :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

…and you’re 103 @old-ottery

1 Like

My mum will be sending me a telegram quite soon :laughing:

1 Like

No I bloody won’t.

Now go and clean your room!

Yes Mum :kiss:

2 Likes

This shit is getting boring now.

He’s on a huge contract. Unless he has a minimum release clause, he’s fucked.

‘Southampton have backed themselves into a corner’…

Yes, what we should have done is not signed one of the world’s best central defenders, and then not tied him down to a lengthy contract thus increasing his value significantly.

It looks like we’ve got ourselves in a right old pickle!

15 Likes