Vitesse reaction

Vitesse reaction

First win in Europe since 1981!

Here’s what Optimus found!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 30/07/2015 22:36:03

| TEAMtalk article | Ronald Koeman refuses to get carried away after impressive Southampton win - Southampton News, Transfer Talk & Gossip | … TEAMTALK |
| FourFourTwo article | Koeman confident of Southampton progress | FourFourTwo FOURFOURTWO |
| TEAMtalk article | Schneiderlin: ‘I’m not the finished product’ - Manchester United News, Transfer Talk & Gossip | TEAMtalk TEAMTALK |
| Sports Mole article | Koeman hints at two more signings SPORTSMOLE |
| Sporting Life article | Saints win but Hammers are held SPLIFE |
| TEAMtalk article | TEAMtalk | Football | Match | Report | Europa League Qual 3rd Round | Southampton v Vitesse Arnhem | 30th July 2015 TEAMTALK |
| RTE article | Long on target as Southampton beat Vitesse RTE |
| FourFourTwo article | Southampton 3 Vitesse 0: Play-offs in sight for Koeman’s men | FourFourTwo FOURFOURTWO |
| UEFA article | UEFA Europa League - News – UEFA |
| Sporting Life article | Football News | Betting Tips, Live Scores, Transfer News | Sporting Life SPLIFE |
| The Irish Times article | Europa League: Shane Long on target as Southampton enjoy return IRELANDCOM |

…narrowly given rise to by Optimus trousers…beta v1.5

Woohoo! Great result. Anyone know why JRod want on the bench tonight?

He want on de bench cause he not on de bench

Is the only reason I can find.

A total performance if you ask me, never under significant pressure and we could have scored more if we showed more aggression.

Nathaniel who? We look like we have found another little gem in seesaw.

Wanayama and Mane had huge first halves.

Looking good

It was a great occasion, even if the football was a little ropey in the second half and that we’re not quite there yet. It was something of a surprise for them to threaten when they did, because for the most part, it simply didn’t feel like they had a route to goal. By the second half, and certainly the third goal, most of Itchen North was in a party mood.

Lovely strike from Pelle. Should have had a penalty for the Yoshida incident, I think. Let’s hope Clasie isn’t too crocked, but if there is any time to lose a player to injury, it’s while you can still operate in the transfer market to address it.

I think we took our foot off of the gas in the second half hence them coming back into it.

If we’d kept up our level the whole match I think Chris Perry’s comments about it being a “lucky” 3-nil would have held no water.

Mane looking impressive again, Cedric was good, excellent save from Steklenberg and he looked quite assured.

Mind you I thought their player Smipe was good…fuckin’ everywhere. Gonna have to watch him in the return.

Yeah, you’re dead right there. Some of the time it seemed as if there ten of him on the pitch.

Well done you mighty Saints. :laughing:

Taking into account…first real competitive game of season…team coming together very nicely.

Liking the look of GK Stek , RB Cedric Soares and FW Jaunmi…Both Cedric and Jaunmi have that star quality…I had between the age of 7 and 10…where did it all go wrong for old ottery :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Although Clasie has taken stick from some Saints supporters…he did a lot of good work, before injury, alongside top class Victor…

I consider these players high quality additions to the squad.

Sadio Mane is already showing what an absolute star he is. :cool:

Very special mention to Matt Targett…played a good game and will be a top class understudy to Ryan Bertrand when he returns…Looking forward to Sunday. :laughing:

NEW SIGNINGS :smile:

COYS

RK and staff…Well done.

Great result; great night in our history; wish I’d been there.

As Ottery says, it’s good to see the squad getting up to competive-match-speed; hopefully, this will give us an edge over our opponents in the first few Premier League fixtures - I reckon this could be one of the plus points to be gained from our Europa campaign.

I stole this link from Optimus trousers while he wasn’t looking.