Virgil van Dijk - CONFIRMED - Joins on five-year deal!

I suspect it is bullshit loopholes by virtue of his agent doing all of the direct talking. It won’t be that they have sat down with VVD and thrashed out terms. More like:

Scousers: “How does double your client’s salary sound?”

VVD’s Agent: “Make it triple, get in the Champions League and then he would be delighted to move up to your wet and dreary part of the world.”

Scousers: “Cool. I’m playing golf with Les Reed tomorrow, I’ll drop it in to convo. Get it done early like”.

VVD’s Agent: “You can’t throw me under the bus like that! At least wait until the window opens.”

Scousers: “Okay, caaalm down”.

4 Likes
3 Likes

That will upset the bedwetters on Fiver Web. But they will soon find something else to bitch about.

I offer to wank Fatso off if this is true

Please be true, please be true please be true

4 Likes

I’d love to take this on face value.

However, the actual quote says that he ‘thinks’ the directors ‘want’ to keep him.

As The Rolling Stones taught us, “you can’t always get what you want”.

On the other hand, if HE wants to go then it doesn’t really matter. History tells us he will be off. Possibly on deadline day so he can indeed play for us next season… the first 3 games of it!

Just playing Devils advocate chaps :wink:

3 Likes

So this is the quote on the SkySpurts page :-

SAINTS ‘WANT TO KEEP’ VAN DIJK

Here’s some more from that Claude Puel press conference, where the Southampton boss has declared the club’s intention to hold on to defender Virgil van Dijk - who has been out since January through injury.

"“It was a bad injury. But now it’s okay,” said Puel. "The surgery is finished, he can work normally, he can start the gym work and rehab to come back for next season… and with us.

“He is our captain. He is important for us. He is fantastic player. We wait until beginning of season to see him again on the pitch. He has a long contract and I think the Directors want to keep him”.

Make of that what you will.

Cheers

1 Like

Can’t you offer to help @stickywhitedovepiss with his “retention” issues instead, they seem to be making him an angry young man.

2 Likes

:lou_sad: I was semi-excitement for a moment, but you just ruined it. That statemement is weak as fk, I will go back to thinking bout things exactly as I did before. Good day!

1 Like

Sorry mate, I did’nt mean to piss on your parade.

I’m just going to take it that he is off so that I give myself plenty of time to come to terms with it. But then in the event that he actually stays I will be like a kid at Christmas and as happy as a pig in shit. What a lovely surprise that will be!

Even if he does go, the second half of that Rolling Stones line is… “…you get what you need”. In this case “Need” = £50million to spend on uselss players from the French League?!

Maybe Jagger should do our press conferences instead.

1 Like

Oh well. I’ll still wank you off if you want @fatso - some good can still come of this.

1 Like

Feck, I thought this was Sotonians not grindr…

1 Like

Just look at that picture at the top of this page. Virgin looks sooooo good in red and white stripes AND HE KNOWS IT!

That’s it…short of a crazy huge bid from Stoke I’m confident he’ll be playing for us next season.

No-one can accuse us of being homophobic, @btripz :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Hoping there’s a typo in there and that you have posted on the right site :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

You have to allow for Claudes command of English when he says I think. He is only repeating what the Chairman said recently “Virgil is committed to us and is happy here” and even Les has said he is not for sale.

There is no evidence he is looking for a move at present and realisticly why would Chelsea want him.They have plenty of cover with 4 good CBs.They are more likely to concentrate on replacing Costa if he is off to China.

And I don’t think we are going to sell any more players to Liverpool.Enough is enough.

1 Like

Oooo cheeky boy…you know it was a typo. :lou_is_a_flirt: