🇮🇹 Venice

What are other’s opinion of what is maybe, the most romantic city on Earth. OK it’s continually rammed full of tourists and cost an arm and a leg for a cup of coffee in St Marks Square but despite that it’s still my favourite city.

You can still find quiet corners on busy days, it hides it’s delights well…for a photographer little cameos appear around every corner. It’s hard not to get good pictures there…magical. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have done 4 visits & may even have posted pics on here when we stayed in Jessolo a couple of years back (@saintbletch when you get a weekend can you have a look?)

Trick is stay in a gated palazzo and do the tourist bits early / late.

Yeah, that’s right. I forgot I was your search bitch.

If you want to find something you’ve posted, go to the search box and type your @ username (@Cobham-Saint) and then some text you think might be in the post.

This searches for that text only in posts you created.

PS I’ve looked for posts by you with Venice, Jessolo, Jesolo and Murano. But drew a blank.

BTW one of the best pictures I ever took was of the pastel coloured houses of Murano but it was before I uploaded stuff to the cloud.

We stayed on the Lido di Jesolo and I drove there and back in my then brand new Alfa 164 3.0 Super Lusso which I loved only slightly more than it loved to visit the Alfa dealer.

3 Likes

Memory loss @saintbletch ?

I do recall being in Jesolo pre-season listening to a game on the Adam & Dave show via t’internet and got a shout out for texting from abroad.

Maybe it was before signing my life away here.

They were happy days

:lou_sad:

One of my favourite films was set in Venice in the winter…all muted pastels and scarlet.
Makes me want to take the young Julie Christie back there to recreate one of my favourite scenes…just for old times sake. :lou_lol:

I visited there, with the family, over the Easter school holidays. We were staying in Verona, which is a favourite place of ours, and hopped on the train to Venice for the day. Luckily, it wasn’t too busy and is such a wonderful place to wander around. It is easy to overstate the appeal of somewhere, but Venice truly is a magical City, like no other. The architecture, history and romance of the place is spellbinding.

2 Likes

Back in early 2000s I do a 2 month work experience in Padova in February -March time. A lot of weekends we would hop on the train to Venice and wander about. See the carnival and then get on the wrong train back and get kicked off it. Fun times drinking hot wine as my lips went blue it was that cold. My sister was also working in Italy at the same time and we managed to meet for dinner.
I also went with my mum, 2 aunts and an uncle once. We get there to be told by one aunt she doesn’t like boats. :woman_facepalming:t2:

It smells

Not when I’ve been there…did you check your underwear? :lou_lol:

1 Like

Oh yes first thing you do when somewhere smells