⛳ 🏌 US Open 2019

Just started right now, brought to you from Pebble Beach, California.

McIlory in one the early groups off and he’s bogied the 10th (1st) hole

Rahm is in the same group as Rory and has just birdied the 10th and 11th (their 1st and 2nd respectively)

Now THAT is a golf course I’d love to play. Drove around it on a “business trip” with a client a few years ago when we stopped for a couple of nights in Monterey.

US Open often pulls a surprise and impossible greens/rough. Let’s see how it goes

1 Like

ITK info.
A Saints Fan (Bob Young) is working for the TV as a scorer at the event. His big “trip” - went to do the US Ladies Open, then toured East Coast before heading over to California.
A veteran of many Dubai Golf events and a great guy. And I do hate him at the moment for his FB posts from the build up

I drove the loop road around it many years ago…beautiful setting. Ate at a restaurant on Monterey Pier.

1 Like

Rory back to Evens on the 4th, and boy did he look relieved to have sunk that putt

Rahm misses his birdie putt and stays 3 under after 4

1 Like

Yeah fish dinner on the pier. Whale watching the next day, then drove past the course & into Carmel for a steak sandwich that was bigger than the plate and had a kilo of fries hiding underneath!
And yes I have played the course. On a Tandy twin floppy composite video back in the late 80’s

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Justin Rose the overnight leader on -6

US Open, first-round leaderboard
-6 J Rose (Eng); -5 R Fowler (US), X Schauffele (US), L Oosthuizen (SA), A Wise (US); -4 S Piercy (US), N Lashley (US)
Selected others: -3 R McIlroy (NI), F Molinari (Ita), H Stenson (Swe); -2 B Koepka (US), G McDowell (NI), M Fitzpatrick (Eng); -1 T Woods (US), T Hatton (Eng), M Wallace (Eng), P Casey (Eng); Level D Johnson (US), D Willett (Eng), T Fleetwood (Eng)

Tidy round of -1 with trickier conditions sees Justin stay in the lead at -7
Tiger hung around but already 7 off the lead.
Rory just starting bombed a drive down 2nd

Justin leading in the clubhouse on -7.
Solid start by Rory now at -5
Matt Wallace going OK, GMac had an awful start but getting into a tempo now

Leaderboard
-9 Woodland (F*)

-7 Rose (F*)

-6 Oosthuizen (F)

-5 Wise (F), McIlroy (F)

-4 Koepka (F*), Reavie (F), Hadley (F*), Kuchar (F), Wallace (F*)

After round three
Rose is still in contention.
Leaderboard

-11 Woodland

-10 Rose

-7 Koepka, Reavie, Oosthuizen

-6 McIlroy

-5 Kuchar, Hadley

-4 Willett, McDowell, Rahm, Stenson, Wallace

My coaching seems to have come out the wrong way round.
Rory does an amazingly accurate impression of me plying golf on the 2nd and cards a double bogey to push him back into the pack and probably out of it.
Koepka obviously watched my training video and is following in Rory’s hack prints but pulls off a worldy hack out the rough for a chance of a par
Justin has a look at a birdie on 1st and nails it.
I’m not gonna last but looks like it is setting up for a good night

Justin nails a drive on 2. Stuffs up the 9 iron
Koepka could do this you know
Rory’s 2nd on 3 hits the flag & JUST stays out, gets 1 back
Game on.
Bed time, phone interview 2mro

Seems Woodland is the real deal as a human being as well

The full story of Woodland & Amy goes back to the Pheonix Open in January when she played the Par 3c16th with him.
It broke the internet.
“I’ve got this”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/golf/gary-woodland-amy-bockerstette-down-syndrome-us-open-2019/

After that he is now my favourite current golfer

1 Like

Still going