Unexpected eating experiences

I bow to your superior ‘‘wisdom’’ Beltch, maybe as you’re such an expert in french ‘‘culture’’ you could explain to me why anyone would need to buy apple jam at a motorway petrol station that it is needed to be stocked in such abundance? Serious question no trolls please.

2 Likes

Christina’s restaurant in East Street.

Famous for their liver and bacon featuring a pound and a quarter of pig’s liver, loads of bacon, a mountain of chips and the most amazingly irony-rich onion gravy.

Many years ago when I was promoted to the board of a Southampton based software company I was taken here by the company owner for liver and bacon.

Didn’t even get a choice what to eat. It was a visit to Christina’s for liver and bacon. It was like the ceremony to become a made man in the Mafia.

I passed the test and we went as a board 3 or 4 times a year from then on. Always for liver and bacon and we always had to clean our plates.

That sounds fucking superb. I just love pig’s liver. Is this place still going?

I hated that dish as a kid. May explain why I stopped eating meat aged 11. Having flash backs of awful meat based dishes in the 70s and 80s.

Yuk I don’t eat organs either…although I do eat flesh…with fava beans and a little Chianti. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Haven’t been for probably 10+ years and I did hear that it had changed hands. Google says it’s still there though .