UKIPocalypse?

I am not for slashing the Gin Aid

We need more Gin

Protect the Juniper.

Just your average, normal bloke, on the side of normal folk, fresh from hanging out with billionaires in their golden towers, throwing a tantrum because they want a knighthood.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Douglas Carswell is quitting UKIP. He was their only MP. They’ve none now.

1 Like

By jumping ship again, Carswell demonstrates that he is the most shallow MP in the UK - and that’s not a title you earn without dedicated training.

5 Likes

If it’s any consolation, his constituents are probably not going to be super-happy about his flip-floppery. Carswell’s gravy train could be pulling into the terminus.

I am of the opinion that if a Member of Parliament resigns from the party that he represents that a By election should be held.

Not that the MP can just change sides, as they are now not representing the people that voted them into parliament.

4 Likes

Douglas Carswell, Paul Nuttall and Andrew Neill all on my TV screen at the moment. Fucking dreadful bunch of cunts.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Betcha these fuckers get more media coverage than justified in the election run up considering their real lack of electoral success

Farage has no relevance now he got the Brexit vote & Nuttal?, well there’s a clue in the name.

2 Likes

Channel 4 news had Nuttall on yesterday and then the clip of Farage on his radio who 're 30 mps/managers re election fraud.

Four million votes at the last election. One seat.

As much as I dislike UKIP, the failing is the system, not theirs.

3 Likes

So @pap 4m of an electorate of 45m* is roughly 8%.

I’m pretty sure they get more than 8% of airtime / other media coverage.

*govt figure for 2014.

To involve such a minority party in debates, or for the BBC to list them on graphs as ‘zero seats’ is ridiculous.

There is free speech, but there are main parties and UKIP is not one of them.

1 Like

Originally posted by Rallyboy

To involve such a minority party in debates, or for the BBC to list them on graphs as ‘zero seats’ is ridiculous.

There is free speech, but there are main parties and UKIP is not one of them.

They should get the same recognition for every seat they contest as a valid opinion in the poll.

If they contest every seat in the election they could be held as a bigger party than the Librals Labour or the greens who do not contest every seat if they know that they will lose the deposit I cannot put the tory’s in there as I have know idea if they contest all seats or not.

Why is airtime relevant?

Also, you’re best off going on the actuals. UKIP got 12.6% of the vote share and 0.15% of the seats.

Under a fairer system they’d have had 70 odd MPs.

(And they would be odd).

why is airtime relevant?

Really Pap? I’m surprised that you of all people would ask such a stupid question. Unless of course you are one of those who believe everything they see on tv which if UKIP get undue exposure then people will believe they are a major party…which they are not

Agree they are an odd bunch.I have a funny feeling that the actual turnout will be higher this time given the fuck up of Brexit when people didn’t vote because they never thought it would happen

My point was on the rank shite of FPTP.

As we can see from the election results, that’s the key issue.

UKIP can get as much airtime as they like.

If they’re only getting 0.15% of the seats with 12.6% of the vote, why is airtime relevant?

Free advertising.

Absolutely agree on the referendum vote. Aaron Banks detailed the strategy. Say something ridiculous and get the press. Double down and get the press. See also, Trump.

Completely disagree on the general election vote. What’s the point in free advertising if there’s huge national demand but local markets won’t sell it?