Twatter - Useful or a bag o’shite?

Bag of shite… the fact Trump and cunts like him (see rees-moog with disappearing up Boris’s syphilitic infected ring piece as we speak) use it to spread his vile idiotic shit says everything you need to know about it

1 Like

To be fair to Twitter and (don’t believe I’m writing this) Trump, it’s raw and not edited by someone before I read it.

I’m sure @Goatboy won’t mind me saying that he follows a bunch of people from the middle east and builds up a very rounded view of that part of the world by playing that off against what he reads and sees in the UK MSM.

For all Trump’s faults, and I’m sure it’ll backfire, he has completely sidelined the MSM in the US with his ability to get his bile across, as-is and unedited.

2 Likes

Yep. Follow people you don’t agree with and those that make you laugh. People from countries you’re interested in/unfamiliar with or from professions you’d like an insight to. There is some weird shit on there but once you’ve found some interesting people to follow it’s a cool tool.

2 Likes

Think of Twitter as a soap opera or a test match.

You don’t have to watch every minute of it to get value from it.

In fact if you do watch every minute of it you’ll probably go mad.

Tune in every so often, and don’t fret when you’re not monitoring it.

You’ll catch-up.

1 Like

In all seriousness I only really use Twitter for work. I follow comedians or people that make me laugh but I did spend a lot of time following the raqqa is silently being slaughtered crew which was very interesting (Although even this was a little work orientated)

Its mostly alright. Back in the day it was an absolute goldmine for bagging free/last min gig tickets.

Even managed to become friendly with some bands (and bag free tickets/guestlist) throughout.

There’s a pretty major problem with the whole site though, and it’s one I cannot believe I have to say in 2018, but it is true. It’s fucking overrun with Nazis, man. Like, properly teaming with Nazis. How the fuck have we let Nazis become a thing again? Jesus fucking christ.

3 Likes

With you there @KRG.

1 Like

There’s some great smut on there too.

1 Like

Got to be a bag of shite

Seriously though, it’s ok for local stuff, events, produce, Saints and the odd very funny account. The politics is shithouse though, so ignore it.

I dont have time for real life let alone Facebook and Twitter and any other shite that somebody wants to force adverts for shit i dont need or want down.

I don’t have a public profile on there as I can’t be bothered with any comments and arguments on there. So I just follow people I know, bands, comedians, news etc. It came in handy getting to a very small Killers gig once which has pretty much made me keep it. Just in the hope something good comes up. I agree with @KRG there’s a lot of really nasty people on there being abusive. I do report them when it’s clearly hate speech. No idea what happens with them after that.
Maybe we should all use our names online and then we’d (as in everyone not just us here) would be more respectful and less quick to be abusive to each other.

2 Likes

i used to lilke Twitter then one day I was abused. It ruined my entire life not to mention my standing in the community.

Yes, I had the HORROR of having one of my Tweets liked by Piers Morgan.

I now use it like @Intiniki I follow MLT and Bumble and a couple of golfers, plus a bunch of Saints fans

(Oh the “liked” horror? - Lee Westwood filmed & tweeted Piers playing a very bad golf shot in the pro-am at Wentworth couple of years ago. I made a comment about cameras on golf courses yadda yadda)

I discovered the Hoxton Bakehouse on there a few years ago, who sell out of their premises by the rail station. they do the very best pastries and bread i’ve ever had. Yum.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed that myself but then I don’t follow a massive amount of people/things.

Perhaps you’re part of the problem?

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s a great place to get different viewpoints on current affairs and social issues. I’ve learnt loads from just following people who are from different backgrounds to my own.

It’s also a good place for biting satire.

But it’s a terrible place for reasoned debate, and if you follow too many politically active people you might end up angry and sad a lot.

Best thing is to be prudent who you follow or develop a thick skin.

And yes, there is a genuine problem with fascists on there, which Twitter utterly fail to address and pretend isn’t their fault.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone

Based on a scientific analysis of responses, I’ll give it a few weeks and most probably delete my account or embrace it and make £millions!!

I wouldn’t have written that, you should see what everyone is saying about you on Twitter now.

Whatever

• The marketing deal I’ve got…

:rofl: