✈💣 Turkish strikes on Syria

Because the UK Government are cunts.

I’ve gotta say, I’ve been a keen student of recent history in this region and recent history is not good. Its parallels with the outbreak of a general war in the late 1930s are also not good.

I’m of the opinion that general wars happen most when military solutions are seen to be viable options to achieve political ends. They’re even more likely to happen in situations where war is normalised, which it has been in that region for the past 17 years. Even those that have remained physically undamaged will have been near it; been affected.

Turkey is a major power militarily, a member of NATO, engaging in an illegal war, and the world order doesn’t seem to have much power to change any of that. The UN is the complete opposite to the League of Nations that preceded it; there is too much big party buy-in, meaning anything that one of the big boys doesn’t mind that much is fair game. It only takes one to veto. The UN is equally toothless for the opposite reason.

More than anything else though, the Second World War kicked off because the world was already warring, already used to war. To return to one of my first points, military solutions were seen as an acceptable solution to serve some nefarious and murderous political ends.

Who’s vetoed the most by a long long way?

USSR/Russia. So you must surely agree with me that the rules governing the UN Permanent Security Council need reform, and that the veto powers need abolition?

I’d also add that the devil is in the detail. Russia has at least a dozen or so vetoes just on Syria, and the recent ones are largely about upholding international law, such as the right for a sovereign state to defend itself.

The US has consistently vetoed to prevent the international sanctions that would be imposed on either itself or its ally in the Middle East.

What do you say then, Baz? Abolition of the veto. International law might actually prevail.

International law might prevail? That won’t happen will it, the stick and carrot have to be big enough, you think China with their island building or Russia/Turkey with their land invasion give a shit about that?
When the US is weak wankers all around the World will play up.

lol. Is Barry writing headlines for The Guardian?

1 Like

Someone’s got to.

https://twitter.com/snarwani/status/1183844751755403266?s=20
.2/ The agreement is only of four clauses in which the SAA will deploy from three axes:

1- Tabqa axis in the north along Ain Issa & it’s’ surroundings, to Tal Abyad along the Syrian Turkish borders & towards the west.
.3/ -
2- Manbij Axis: towards Ain Arab along the Syrian Turkish border to Tal Abyad north & towards west.

4- Hassaka Axis: Tal-Tamer to Ras el-Ain and East from there to Qamishly, Malikiya & towards the south.
.4/ The SAA will deploy in Manbij starting from Areema, all along the Sajour.

The agreement between both sides guarantees the right of the the SAA’s deployment along the entirety of the area east & north of the Euphrates river & in coordination with local councils. 4/+
.5/ The beseiged areas between Ras el Ain and Tal Abyad will remain a military zone until liberation.5/+
.6/ Last, but not least: The #SDF, also pledged its willingness, to protect & safeguard both #Syria’s unity & territory under both Syria’s national flag & it’s President, & to stand by & support the #SAA in confronting all #Turkish threats against Syria’s territory. End.
.7/ The agreement was reached during meetings on Sunday, between both SDF & Syrian government representatives.

LOL now find some wacko twitter to justify you’re skewed view upon the World.

So is this a homeland for the Kurds in Syria or are they now Syrian nationals?

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1184516917098373122?s=20
https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1184014010728890369?s=20

She’s a Russian puppet and receives money from them, pinch of salt.

Any evidence of this, apart from an appearance fee for a tv program?
You may be correct, but you saying it isn’t proof, like the guardian calling an obviously real person a Russian bot wasn’t proof(thankfully for the young lady).

As with all, but a pinch rather than the bucket needed for the bbc.

Is she funded in some part by the Kremlin/RT?

Just answer or be quiet.

Where does she stand on Assad?

Puppet.

So you have nothing except a fee for a tv appearance.
Your as reliable as your favoured media.

You all happy with Syria, Russia and Turkey?

7 days to reply and that’s it. So your accusations about the girl were false.
As to your latest questions. Yes, yes ,no.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1187032473798094849?s=20