🗞 Trust in mainstream media

Sorry, an apostrophe.

This is highly amusing, correcting grammar whilst being incorrect corrected said mistakes.

At least he apologises when he is wrong :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Ah that’s because he doesn’t have the luxury of always being right.

I apologise all the time as I am wrong most of the time, I am a fuckwit but I accept that happily, people holier than thou fucking up is resplendent and deserving though.

1 Like

Did you get those commas for your birthday?

It was my bad. I introduced the term quote to get my possessive pun out. You were obviously that stunned with its general excellence that you simply took part of it forward into your own work.

And forgot to like my post :wink:

Pap did and he is throwing them out baby like it’s a Las Vegas Saturday night.

You been rationed to one fullstop per post?

1 Like

Yes

You can use two in your next one now. Go Bazza, go!

Strangely I can’t find anything about this on the BBC. Maybe it’ll turn up later…

I’m simply amazed the cunt was in a car and not in a tv studio.

2 Likes

Think that’s probably where he legged it to.

This thread is worth a look:
https://twitter.com/Sisyphusa/status/1052609817951567873

Here is a cracker in the fake news category.

“Trouble” broke out in Baku between CFC & AFC fans.

This photo is being used to show that. Except the photo was taken by Reuters, has copyright/image right protection and was taken in Marseilles.

In 2016!!

https://twitter.com/lukedbrown/status/1133677565925842944

Think this as good a place as any to leave this. A longish but interesting read. should interest @Saint-or-sinner.

When you get to the end, there’s no need for him to tell you that you have just read half a book :joy:
Well written and i do agree with nearly all of it, even this honest line about Cory Morningstar.

“Now, I read that article, somehow. As a few people have pointed, Morningstar is a dreadful writer. (If you’re reading this Cory for God’s sake study this book*).”

Her writing is less coherent than mine, but her message and research are generally sound, if you can be bothered to work through the disjointed way she presents it.

*this book. Can’t do the rename link thing(mods feel free), so here it is

This could just as easily have gone in the Dynamite in the Chat thread; it’s that interesting. Bits of it are equally applicable to the Brexit threads.

However, it is probably best placed here. It’s a brilliant example of why you should always give the other side of the political fence a hearing.

Here is Robin Aitken, former BBC journalist, self-confessed conservative and occasional supporter of the Conservative Party itself talking about the BBC and the media in general.

1 Like

I’ll watch more of that at a later date, very interesting.