:trumpdumb: Trumped!

1 Like

I don’t believe It! Trump is a racist, bigot and misogynist!

Interesting things coming out of Washington, even if it is just to sell a book.

Now I don’t know a great deal about US national security laws, but even I could hazard a guess that taking a recording device into the White House situation room is going to get you in deep shit, whoever the president is.

Yeah she’s been a bit daft there. By all accounts she seems like a bit of a shit so it’s always nice to see two shits be unpleasant to each other.

How is it that this thread has had no mention of Turkey yet?

Economic warfare kicked off by the wotsit.

Was Trump responsible for the initial crash then?

Seemed to miss what happened initially

The Turkish economy is structurally fucked in so much as a lot of construction worked was highly leveraged on foriegn currency loans.

Trump has pulled out two of the bottom blocks of their jenga tower by threatening sanctions over this US preacher. This had a negative impact on the Lira which means the companies who borrowed the foreign currency are less likely to be able to repay it. The short sellers are now moving in to try and create a self fulfilling prophecy.

1 Like

Was it not helped by the fact that Erdogan’s son is the Finance Minister or some such?

One of my team is of Turkish heritage and txtd me to tell me to buy land out there now - his missus and kids are out in their villa for the summer and have been rushing around looking at buying land / villas for cash. Told him to by me an apartment and I’ll buy him a couple of beers when I’m back in the UK to cover the cost…

3 Likes

Aren’t the Turks trading for Iranian oil still? That’s probably not going down too well.

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/08/how-turkeys-currency-crisis-came-to-pass.html

With the Astana accord and now the Caspian deal being struck, Putin has placed himself and Russia in a brilliant position, whilst being smart enough to giving all the others mutually beneficial deals.
If they get Turkey fully onside, that group of nations will have full control over any pipelines.
All that war the west has waged, will have been for nothing.
Maybe we’ll stop and that’d be down to Putin as well.

1 Like

“President Erdogan of Turkey often asserts that ‘foreign powers’ (meaning the U.S.) want to bring him down. He says that the ‘interest lobby’ (meaning (Jewish) bankers), wants to damage Turkey. He is somewhat right on both points.”

Jesus GB stop linking this shit

What’s wrong with it?
The writer, as far as i understood it, is simply stating Erdoğans recorded beliefs, which if you check should be easily verifiable.
I’ll give you a hand to get you started. Who said this and about whom?

“Failure to reverse this trend of unilateralism and disrespect will require us to start looking for new friends and allies,”

This is possibly the most epic electronica song of all time! :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello @SaintBristol, once again, please stop trying to control the content of others. Focus on doing a better job with your own.

1 Like

So Qatar are in and Merkel has pledged support. Wonder how long before Putin offers assistance?

2 Likes

It’s almost as if some countries(quite a lot really), have realised that helping each other, might just get the devil off their backs.
Good luck to them(although Erdoğan seems as crazy as they come, so fuck knows what he’ll do).

1 Like

Trump used the term “dog” to refer to a black American woman and it doesn’t even seem to be news any more.

The world is fucked up.

2 Likes

Stephen King didn’t like it either

3 Likes