:trumpdumb: Trumped!

Not unless you are popping over to Turkmenistan…

1 Like

It would be hilarious and terrifying in equal measure if it turns out that trump style politics actually works.

1 Like

Let me check.

Ah that’ll be no then

2 Likes

It’s important as it confirms that datamining was illegally used to influence both the US election and the EU referendum. Data mining is now more lucrative than fossil fuels from an ad revenue POV. It can also be used to target news stories via facebook to influence voting behavior.

1 Like

Holy crap, I never knew that

I don’t suppose it’ll get mentioned on the BBC.

Interesting about the influence on the leave campaign - suspect supporters will gloss over that…

Don’t be so keen to buy into the sotonians bbc bashing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43444791

To be fair I don’t need Sotonians to bash the BBC, but thanks for your concern though. :blush:

Oh, and the article was on the USA and Canada pages where the majority fear to tread…

That link doesn’t work for me big boy.

doesn’t work for me either.

Yeah doesn’t work for me either but I’m too pissed to put it right. My advice is to go straight to the BBC website. It’s the 3rd or 4th story .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43444791

Hopefully this worked.

2 Likes

Fuuuuuuck…all I got was "A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client "

…are they going to hunt me down and bump me off in a nerve agent attack during the day… :lou_surprised:

1 Like

wow

Stories pouring out now

1 Like

Not sure if anyone caught C4 news tonight? Investigation into Cambridge Analytica, it’s a collective effort by the Guardian/Observer, NYT and C4 News. Whatever you think of mainstream News gathering, this is brave, (brave because the lawsuits could have financially sunk The Guardian). The story was broken on Saturday but the undercover footage is pretty damning. Sadly tonight a Facebook team is visiting CA HQ before the ineffectual UK authorities can do anything. They are applying for a warrant to investigate tomorrow, with a team of 10 employees to deal with this. Why is this important? Traditional checks and balances aren’t in place to keep up with technology. Micro messages on social media aren’t even checked or traceable. Facebook knew about this 2 years ago.

Christopher Wylie will be on tomorrow, as well as more info on the Trump campaign

The fb that claimed they can alter elections?

1 Like

The trouble is we all sign up to these things through terms of services smallprint. Who actually reads the small print when you download an app?

1 Like