:tokyo_2020: Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Head shot with about 5 seconds to go means Silver in 67kg Taekwondo for Lauren William’s.

Just followed a social media post for naming a sport that should be in the Olympics. Cue: getting three kids ready for school; chasing pigeons out of your garden; and shaving with a hangover.

My favourite was Underwater basket weaving. :rofl:

Your go, Sotonians.

Carrying a Scooter while holding a Dolly in a buggy a magazine & 2 ice creams.
Then opening gates & pushing a kid on a swing and not letting ice cream drip on dress
:scream:

2 Likes

I know it has been warm but shouldn’t you have on shorts not a dress? Public decency and all that

6 Likes

You’re going to have to give Phil a little leeway on that one @tigger. He’ just spent twenty odd years where men wear Ball Gowns as daily attire.

3 Likes

Really needs to be a sport, so I would suggest some of our traditional pastimes

Cheese Rolling
Bog Snorkling
Shin Kicking
Worm Charming
Gurning

All have world championships and codified rules - they are oven ready

3 Likes

Conkers

1 Like

Oven ready conkers would probably constitute doping

Ow, Conker competition was rife with product enhancement, even when I was a kid. I think the advances made in resin injection and vinegar dousing techniques means it will be a cheats charter.

3 Likes

Kerbies.

1 Like

Sigh.
GB men getting Tonked by USA in the Rugby 7s.
You cant keep missing tackles in this game

1 Like

and were back in it 26 - 21 with a couple mins left

Bloody hell.
Brilliant!
What a win that was

2 Likes

He contracted Covid twice as well…

If they need kid’s sports in the games, it’s a shame they didn’t introduce British Bulldog and 999 Release all Prisoners, back in the 70s.

4 Likes

Out of nowhere GB Women win a Bronze in the team Gymnastics popping Italy with the last piece of apparatus

Speaking of Gymnastics - an interesting situation with Biles

She was competing in the team final and did a really shit vault. She then left the arena, withdrew from the competition leaving her team mates to it. She has subsequently come out and said that after that performance, she didnt want to carry on and has indicated that this is a mental health issue.

Slaps

Knuckles

She still took the medal though.

7 Likes