šŸšø Things you miss from your childhood

I loved itā€¦ as spent 2.5 years in Sardinia in the late 70s as my dad was in the armyā€¦ so watch it all on Italian TV and had a ā€˜Polistilā€™ car gameā€¦ pisse don Scalectix :wink:

images
s-l300

Would disappear all ay in the summer of '76 which was a scorcherā€¦ was 7 which scared my mum :wink:

1 Like

I miss a time when you could chat and banter with folks without twats feeling the need to fuck it up for everyone but not being able too keep their gobshite mouths shutā€¦

5 Likes

ZX spectrum
Evil Kneneval racer
Lego
School holidays
Miss greenwood

3 Likes

I am not trying to offend you Barryā€¦I am just asking you to fuck off with the politics on this threadā€¦ its a fair request

Rule no. 1

Ms Jones for meā€¦ sadly died of cancer back in 2006.

zzzzzzzzz.

1 Like

Being able to tell someone to just fuck off.
Oh and I miss

Action Man, Jigsaw Puzzles, games of Monopoly & Risk that never finished

And who remembers Howzat?
2 octaganol dice & a sheet of paper

you can still get fab lollies and the crisps.

4 Likes

Way better than Subbuteoā€¦ I mean they kick dthe ball when you smacked their headsā€¦ I loved it. If you gave them a real smack they would boot it out out the ā€˜parkā€™ and under the fridgeā€¦

Unknown-3

1 Like

blimey you are more pessimistic than Eeyore arenā€™t you?

2 Likes

Now youā€™re talking.

ZX80 and 81.
Jupiter Ace
Dragon 32
Commodore Pet
Commodore Vic 20
Commodore 64
BBC Acorn and Model A/B
Advance 86A IBM compatible*

* I worked in a computer shop whilst at college and was given one of these for 2 months to write games on when I was 16. Strange bloke came into the shop and said just write some games and have some fun. It was one of the first IBM compatible computers and was shit. My games were shit/derivative too. Never found out if the bloke made any money from them. Doubt it.

2 Likes

Could you post a link to one of these ā€œself indulgent blogsā€? Thought not. So the thing you miss from your childhood is ā€œGreat Britainā€. What a strange childhood you must have had Barry. Seriously. The idea that someone would look back to their childhood and remember what they missed, and come up with ā€œGreat Britainā€ is very very sad.

1 Like

All, please just flag the posts that are off topic.

DONā€™T FUCKING ENGAGE WITH HIM!

I thank you.

x

3 Likes

Also had that Evel Kenevil toy.

Fucking brilliant.

He was hard as nails - had to be with all the shit I put him through. He once jumped out of my bedroom window (sans bike) and cracked his helmet. Thankfully his protective headgear was ok.

2 Likes

You left the 1st Tandy twin floppy with CGA off that list?

1 Like

Had that as wellā€¦ but think I sprained wrist winding him upā€¦ but he never did the stunts like in the addsā€¦ just sort or pissed about the fell over

I had the Italian Action man toy. It came out of the toy cupboard with itā€™s hands up.
Sorry, iā€™ll get my coat!

5 Likes

Hot Wheels with the loop da loop

2 Likes
1 Like