😿 Things that move you

Heard this on Jeremy Vine this afternoon… 90 year old D-day veteran… was 15 year galley lad at the time… buy it to raise money for a memorial… not affraid to admit to say I had a few tears on eyes.

Beauty moves me…art, music and sometimes movies.
It often happens unexpectedly and usually when I’m with someone …I try to cover it up. Not because I’m embarassed but because I’m afraid they’ll ask what’s up, I’ll have to explain and it will kill the moment. It’s a personal moment and I don’t feel the need to share it.

3 Likes

That’s cool, and I respect that. For me, I feel its possibly a good thing to share, not out of some crazy US ‘lets all emote’ bollocks, but because its what makes us human and we should embrace it and celebrate it. With all the shit that is going on, the waste of life, the idiocy of our politics, the current obsession with self… I am sort of glad I am still moved by things I stumble across… I worry about the day when I no longer am…

1 Like

Seems the water supply got contaminated by the floods.
That’s been moving me this evening.
And repeat
And re

1 Like

I won’t end, as long as you are here it will always happen because it’s not something you have to think about .

1 Like

Thank goodness the water is as shallow as your emotions. :lou_wink:

3 Likes

That did make me chuckle though… even if if not in spirit of the thread… so I wish upon you a torrent of arse juice… (not really) :wink:

1 Like

Cars.

But seriously
In the past week?
Pictures of our grandkids on holiday. Youngest has just started walking and her face in the pictures of her making sandcastles on the beach in Turkey & in town eating an ice cream.

Memories of a time before brought back by emotional moments.
Dolly Parton - Jolene - Glasto- a sea of arms waving like ripe Barley in a breeze a flashback to that moment in time and who/what I was when it came out.
Bohemian Rhapsody - Live Aid scene - transported back 1st to watching it on TV then to the Ally Pally seeing them live and the memories and even smells of that night and drunken happy train ride home, could even smell the dodgy hotdogs we ate.
Music that hits a heart string never happens at a cheese night on the radio MTV or You-Tube. Maybe it’s the beauty of that moment and that memory but it hits, I need sunglasses and anti-hayfever meds.
Promotion from L1, that final whistle, The pride at Wembley in the JPT, realising that we were on the way back.
The younger me in those memories would cringe at the outflow of emotion and tears.
Now?
Bring it on. One Jolene, Sweet Caroline, Hallelujah, Dont dream it’s over, One day like this at Glasto is what I’ve almost lived for these past 6 months, sod the edginess, I want that emotion again

1 Like

Travelators

Selflessness and sacrifice.

1 Like

The Ayatollah

Pickfords

4 Likes

The curry I had last night

1 Like

… typical bloody sotonians, all ends up about piss and shit :wink:

Tbf, it did create a strong emotion & motion

Emotion?, did you cope with the strain?

Emotion? Anguish. The sheer heat brought a tear to my eye…

Why no toilet paper in the fridge?

1 Like