The Voice 2016

Top swears, motherfucker.

Well I have to admit I caught the breeze of “Larch Road” in Maggie Smith’s delivery Lou. I’m confident you can “pull it off”…if you’ll excuse the vernacular.

Good day to you.

1 Like

Back on topic…

The Voice is utter shit.

Paloma Faith is possibly more average than Ricky Wilson. Just shit. The only reason (aside from Robbie Savage) why I resent paying a licence fee.

Bit harsh about Paloma Faith - try watching this piece of ‘shit’.

2 Likes

Music and opinions, eh?

FWIW, my wife saw her support Stevie Wonder last year and said she tore the house down. Too mannered for me though. Everything just seems a little contrived.

She irritates the living shit out of me.

Watched it last night. Miss Tom Jones and his name dropping but probably a good idea to get some new blood in. George seems to take it very personally when not picked as a mentor. The show is okay but only at this point when the chairs are (or are not) turning. Once it goes back to X Factor format is loses its novelty value. WTF was Bernie Clifton doing on there? Not likely to have a singing career at his age no matter how good a singer he may be.

I am so fucking pissed off that I missed this thread over the weekedn, I had so many witty responses to some of the posts and everyone’s done it already.

Don’t know who Emma Willis is and I’m not even going to bother looking her up a) She’s pregnant b) apparently by some bloke from Busted c) the Caprine one has ruined her (in my mind) for life now.

2 Likes

Life can disapoint like that at times…

You have the Voice, we;re getting the last ever season of American Idol. (God JLo still does it for me)

Not much to write home about yet, but they are rolling out every big gun there is over the coming 6 years the show seems to go on,

There was one highlight, and it COULD have been the funniest gag ever, but I guess the marketing people over-ruled them.

In the middle of all the wannabe auditions some dude walks in with his pregnant wife saying “how he really wants this and she is so supportive even though the baby is due”

JLo looks up and says “You look like…” then says “WTF?” as Kayne audtions.

It would have been historic nay legendary if he’d got 3 NO votes, but no, they voted him through to the next round in Hollywood.

Apart from JLo there were no real fiteh chicks but Mrs D_P did pass comment that a couple of the “Guys” were notable.

Oh there was one geeky looking girl who was stunningly good (would walk it on the Voice), could have been a Janis Joplin type clone so she won’t get anywhere as Idol is all sugar and smarm

Round 2… :lou_facepalm_2:

Getting a bit fed up with Paloma now and as for George, the guy has issues.

That was obvious from the documentary that followed Culture Club reunion thing a little while ago.

I didnt see that. From The Voice it seems as though he takes it personally if the contestants dont chose him and he comes across as a little paranoid.

So err last night I went to the recording of The Voice’s final. Which is the last at the BBC, we headed out to Elstree. There was quite a bit of queuing. But if there is a free ticket I pretty much go anywhere! After a bit of an accident, which left my knees in a bad way and my back bad again, I asked if I could have a seat so ended up with allocated seats with my name on. We were 3 rows from the front on the left of Will.i.am.

For those that like Emma Willis she was also sat near us. Resting up between each section.

It was interesting to see how they put it all together. The two guest singers were not even there! We felt robbed (not really they weren’t all that). The guy who won did sound the best in the studio out of all of them.

And we can be seen a few times in the show. Which has brought us some entertainment tonight.

3 Likes

You old ligger you! Wish I had known, I would have looked out for you. Not a major fan of the show but watch it as Mrs Sog has to sit through a lot of my stuff. I called the final two although got them in the wrong order and thought the last 4 were all pretty good. The winners of The Voice have a reputation of never being heard of again though so who knows what will happen to the winner.It goes to ITV next year. Whether that will make any difference only time will tell but the novelty factor of the chairs turning seems to be why people turn in as the viewing figures fell in the weeks of the live shows apparently.

I can be seen at .20 seconds in (the camera was right in front of us) and a few times behind will.i.am later on. About 55 mins in I think. I did have 2 spare tickets ad a friend pulled out but bizarrely no one wanted to come.

Has me in mind of the old joke about the bouncers outside a club which was so bad they were throwing people IN!!!