The Sweepstake - The (other) Final for Complete Losers šŸ‡§šŸ‡Ŗ v :engerland:

imagine how i feelā€¦i got a tattoo saying ā€œEngland 2018 world cup 3rd place - itā€™s coming homeā€

6 Likes

Ha ha. Brilliant.

Driving back from France, what did the miserable cunt say?

Lee Dixon was refusing to criticise Phil Jones, saying ā€œnow isnā€™t the timeā€ whereas Roy basically said that Jones is shit.

Southgate has two years to unearth another CB.

Jack Stephens

:lou_eyes_to_sky::lou_eyes_to_sky::lou_eyes_to_sky:

Phil Jones is decent with a good partner in a back 4.

But as part of a back 3 / 5, trying to play that ridiculously high line against Hazard, De Bruyne and Meunier that they did for the second (ā€¦from 2:36 in the video below if you can stomach it), and then breaking from the line to ensure that any pass to Hazard would find him on-side, heā€™s proper shit.

As my default football setting is usually one of the optimist I found it very odd that I wasnā€™t getting ā€œthe buzzā€ others were in the early stages of the competitionā€¦nor in the run-up.

It seemed every jump in expectation came not from a stunning England performance against world class opponents but at the short-fall in expectation of others. The MSM seemed intent from the beginning to big us up to what I considered a laughable extent. Trawling back through years of failure to drag up an old ā€œEngland Anthemā€ from 1996 when England failed to win the Euro Nations Cup, we had to suffer the ignominy again. :lou_facepalm_2:

Now after the event you get to see people who are voicing the opinion that we were NEVER good enough to win this competition are miserable unpatriotic naysayers who are never happy with our country and should leave immediately. I also see we are now touted as being a very promising team, still in the making and that in a few years the England team will be sweeping all before them.

If you think England really had a good chance of winning WC 2018, who amongst you were jealous when @Fowllyd was gifted England in the Sotonian Sweepstake. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Thatā€™s betteršŸ˜„

2 Likes