⚽ 🔄 The Summer (or Autumn) 2020 transfer thread

Defo red in the bed me.

1 Like

Bob McCarthy came through the Youth team. We didn’t get him on loan.

2 Likes

Anyone?

I posted about this before. He was linked he was going to sign and nothing.
Weird.
Also the return of Sam McQueen to the EPL Squad no news on him either

1 Like

Yes, I recall your post about it. At least you can call shotgun on it :lou_lol:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: :soccer: :arrows_counterclockwise: The Winter 2021 transfer thread

Ralph comments about Ings & Bertrand & new contracts then this

Question. If We could get Theo on a permanent deal in January and the price is not ludicrous, would you?

Can’t see the asking price being much and yes.

5 Likes

Was imagining the price being more the ‘you’re supposed to take me out to dinner first’ kinda ballpark. That and it being a winter transfer too

1 Like

I believe his Everton contract is up in the summer anyway so maybe a freebie then.

1 Like

In January he will still have a year and a half on his contract. I’d have him back for around £8m, a goal and 3 assists in his first 4 games, plus what a good influence he’d be on the youngsters (and Redmond) would be good business I reckon :lou_smiley:

4 Likes

I’d be surprised if that happened in January, but I could see it in the summer. That would actually be quite a Saintsy thing to do lately, KWP, Bertie, (can’t really count Ings.)

1 Like

Yes but. (To signing Theo)
We all agreed we needed to give Shlong a new contract. Yes he is an important squad member
But the poor bugger has hardly had a kick this season.
Our model is developing players, then selling. Is Tella the next Walcott? Will he develop if his game time is limited?
Tricky decision. Our 1st team is good and tbh after that we re a bit light if we lost someone to long term injury.

1 Like

Do they have an option for a further year or something then? Because this says he is free in the summer.

Theo Walcott has completed his move to Everton, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal which keeps him at the club until the summer of 2021.

Yep you’re right I was being thick.

1 Like

Ralph mentioned something about Walcott helping the youngsters along in their development, didn’t he? :thinking:

2 Likes

When he signed, think he meant as a role model

I say get him on a free and offer him a couple years at the end of the season.

We’ll need a bigger squad next year due to our champions league and club World Cup commitments.

7 Likes

Yep some of us old stagers have a lot to offer. :+1:

1 Like