⚽ 🔃 The Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

I confess to knowing bugger all about this Garner lad. Is he any good?

Replacement for JWP?

Personally i’d be very surprised to see JWP moving before the WC. He knows he’ll get regular game time here to put himself in contention for selection. A move that doesn’t immediately work for him will see him get more time on the bench that on the pitch. Maybe the sinking ship that is Manure will pay huge bucks for him?

1 Like

Might just improve some positions

3 Likes

Has the bidding war for McCarthy started yet?

1 Like

FWIW

‘Saints and Wolves want Benfica striker Ramos’

Portuguese football journalist Pedro Sepulveda speaking to Sky Sports News about the future of Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos :

“I can tell you Southampton were in Denmark when Benfica played against Midtjylland in the Champions League [earlier this month] and Southampton had a meeting with Benfica president Rui Costa to know the price of the player and find out Benfica’s conditions to make this deal.

" Wolves want the player too and some weeks ago they made an offer to Benfica and that offer was a loan, worth €5m euros with an obligation to buy around €30m.

“I can also reveal that Wolves boss Bruno Lage has already made the call to Ramos to know if he wants to join Wolves because they’ve already worked together and Lage has told Ramos he wants him at Wolves.”

In the last year of his contract. This could explain our recently reported interest in James Garner

1 Like

Saints?
€30m?
:rofl:

Romeo is in talks with Girona a Spanish team allegedly :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Saw one article saying wages may be a problem.
He’s also got to be worth a few million as well

Equally, he has been precisely the player Man Utd have needed for the past 5 years or so.
A solid DM!
:wink: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Would be a shame to see him go, has been a definite bargain, but like you say wages will be a problem. My eldest 16 rates Garner, but that’s coming from a generation raised on FIFA :man_facepalming:, but who knows with what Man U are up to at present :clown_face: club.

Letting him go with his fire & experience is insane.
Unless we bring in an experienced CB/Leader.
Which this could be a reshuffling of the wages for

3 Likes

I read somewhere that there are a few CBs worth casting an eye over (in no apparent order)

Sanchez (Spurs)
Jones/Linderoff (Utd)
Soyuncu (Foxes)

There were probably a couple more who were on the list but escape me atm!

So, with cheque book ready, willing and able, which ONE outta those would you have?

Phil Jones from Utd.

The exact fit for the Olly Lancashire role with the Nippers.

Basically a year or so younger Dawson (WHU)/ Evans LCFC clone.

Hate him and everything he stood for but is what we need

You are winding me up aren’t you?!

He’d add no experience to our back line on account of never being fit to actually feature in it.

3 Likes

They’ve just spent a fortune on a midfielder, will they want to spend more??

Wolves have agreed a club record €45m (£38m) fee with Sporting Lisbon for Portugal midfielder Matheus Nunes.

Since signing for Sporting in January 2019, Nunes has made 76 appearances in Portugal’s Primeira Liga, scoring seven goals.

He also scored and provided an assist in Sporting’s first two games this season.

Completing the transfer, which would surpass the £35.6m paid to Porto for Fabio Silva in 2020, may help ease some of the tension building up within Wolves’ fan-base.

Nunes has been linked with a host of clubs and last week West Ham manager David Moyes said he had tried to sign the 23-year-old.